Power of Choice
In Mansfield ISD, parents and students have the opportunity to choose the educational pathway that is the best fit for them, even if it is located outside of their designated attendance zone. Discover the possibilities by reviewing the choices below.
Power of Choice Timeline
- Dec. 4, 2021 - Power of Choice Expo
- Dec. 6, 2021 - Jan. 14, 2022 - Parent Information Sessions (see specific dates below)
- Jan. 18, 2022 - Applications Open (at 9 a.m.)
- Feb. 11, 2022 - Applications Close (at 4:30 p.m.)
- Feb. 14, 2022 - March 4 - Application Review Process
- March 11, 2022 - Notification of Acceptance (by 4:30 p.m.)
- March 25, 2022 - Parent Response to Notification (by 4:30 p.m.)
The specialized programs within MISD’s Power of Choice allow students to take advantage of specific programs that are tailored to their needs. Specialized programs have an application process. Transportation is provided for all qualified students who are accepted into their specialized program of choice.
To Apply - Select a campus, review the application criteria and click the "Apply Here" link. The deadline to apply is Feb. 11.
Leadership and STEAM Academies
The leadership academies within MISD’s Power of Choice give elementary and intermediate schools students (grades K-6) the opportunity to have a leadership curriculum built into the instructional schedule. The STEAM academy incorporates critical thinking and learning through cross-curricular science, technology, engineering, art and math activities. Admission into the academies is based upon available space. Transportation will not be provided for these schools if they are outside your designated attendance zone.
Transportation will be provided to all locations (except the leadership and STEAM academies) if a student is accepted into the program.