Back to School
This webpage provides an overview of back-to-school information for Mansfield ISD students. Can't find everything you need? Visit the school website for campus-specific information. School starts Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
- New Student Registration
- Returning Student Registration
- Student Handbooks
- Sales Tax Holiday
- Schedule Pickups
- School Supply Lists
New student registration can be completed online or in person at the student’s campus. To enroll your child, you will need the following documents:
- Parent/Legal Guardian’s Government Issued Photo Identification
- Proof of Residency in the form of a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, water bill or lease agreement. (No other documents will be accepted).
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student’s Shot Record (must show child's name)
- Student’s Certified Birth Certificate (Order a certified birth certificate at Texas.gov [Español])
- If applicable, Withdrawal Papers and Records from last school attended.
Returning student registration can be completed online starting Monday, July 22. (NOTE: Returning Student Registration is not available on the Mobile App.) Be sure to select the “returning student registration” button once you are logged into Family Access.
All students who attended MISD in the 18-19 school year are highly encouraged to complete online returning student registration and provide proof of residency prior to schedule pickup.
Many of the forms you are required to complete and sign are electronic and can be submitted online. However, the following documents must still be submitted in paper form:
- Proof of Residency in the form of a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, water bill or lease agreement. (No other documents will be accepted). – Required annually for all students.
- Parental Authorization for Third Party Access to Student Records (optional)
- Student’s Shot Record (required for students entering Pre-K/Kindergarten and 7th grade)
Need help? Visit the links below:
The Mansfield ISD Student Handbook is designed to provide basic information that you and your child will need during the school year. The handbook is divided into two sections:
- Section I: Parental Rights - This section offers information to assist you in responding to school-related issues.
- Section II: Other Important Information for Students and Parents - This section is organized alphabetically by topic, and, where possible, further divided applicable to age and/or grade level, for quick access when searching for information on a specific issue.
For more information, please contact the MISD Student Services Department at 817-299-6360.
All students entering Texas schools shall show acceptable evidence of vaccination prior to entry, attendance or transfer to a child-care facility or public or private elementary or secondary school in Texas. View the 2019-20 immunization requirements chart.
Back to School Immunization Clinic
Passport Health/North Texas Flu Shots will be conducting a vaccination clinic to help you get your students updated before school starts. The clinic will be held from 3:00 - 8:00 p.m. on Monday, August 5, 2019 at Asa Low Intermediate School (1526 N. Walnut Creek Dr., Mansfield, TX 76063).
A parent or guardian must be present and a current shot record is required for all children. Please view the Texas State Vaccine Requirements for Students K-12 or consult with your school nurse in regards to what vaccines are required for school.
For more information about the clinic, download the Back to School Immunizations flyer.
The Sales Tax Holiday (Tax-Free Weekend) will be held on August 9-11, 2019.
As in previous years, the law exempts most clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks priced under $100 from sales and use taxes, which could save shoppers about $8 on every $100 they spend.
To view pickup dates and times for your school, please visit the campus website. Mansfield ISD requires all students to provide proof of residency each school year. Please be prepared to provide proof of residency in order to obtain schedules or view class list postings.
MISD schools have their own school supply lists and may also sell pre-packaged supplies. We recommend that you check with your school before making any purchases. Schools post school supply information on their campus website.