Update: The free meals will continue throughout the summer from May 29 through July 31. The details below remain the same.
During the school closure and throughout the summer, free healthy and delicious meals will be available to all children ages 18 years or younger and adults with special needs up to age 21 at the following distribution sites:
- Glenn Harmon Elementary School
- D.P. Morris Elementary School
- Annette Perry Elementary School
- Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School
- Della Icenhower Intermediate School
- Lake Ridge High School (new location as of March 30)
Starting May 12, new pickup days and times will be Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. The updated curbside service will consist of three days worth of meals. (Service was previously only one meal each day during a one to two-hour window.)
No one will need to exit their personal vehicles; and if the child is not present, a form of ID or proof of enrollment will need to be presented on site.
Examples of ID and proof of enrollment are:
- An official Letter/email from school that shows children as enrolled
- An individual student report cards
- An attendance record from parent portal of school website
- A birth certificate for children not in school
- A student ID card
Children do not have to be a student at the campus to qualify for the meal, and families can visit any of the participating sites.
Meals will consist of whole grains, lean protein, fruits, vegetables and lowfat milk. We will include a lot of the kids’ favorites (yogurt boxes, pizza packs, chicken tenders, etc.).
Download the menu here (starting June 30)
NEW! Find out a few creative ways you can customize your weekly meal bundles into some exciting meal inspirations. View the weekly meal inspiration video.
Student Meal Account Refunds - Onsite refunds are not available at this time. To obtain a refund for funds in student meal accounts, complete the Refund Request form. NOTE: All unused funds automatically rollover to the 2020-21 school term.