During the COVID-19 shutdown, free healthy and delicious meals will be available to all children ages 18 years or younger and adults with special needs up to age 21 at the following distribution sites:
- Glenn Harmon Elementary School
- D.P. Morris Elementary School
- Annette Perry Elementary School
- Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School
- Della Icenhower Intermediate School
- Lake Ridge High School (new location starting March 30)
The packaged meals will be distributed from 11 a.m. to noon on Monday through Friday in a drive-thru fashion. No one will need to exit their personal vehicles; and if the child is not present, a form of ID or proof of enrollment will need to be presented on site.
Examples of ID and proof of enrollment are:
- An official Letter/email from school that shows children as enrolled
- An individual student report cards
- An attendance record from parent portal of school website
- A birth certificate for children not in school
- A student ID card
Children do not have to be a student at the campus to qualify for the meal, and families can visit any of the participating sites.
Meals will consist of whole grains, lean protein, fruits, vegetables and lowfat milk. We will include a lot of the kids’ favorites (yogurt boxes, pizza packs, chicken tenders, etc.).
Download the menu here (updated April 3)