Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) have been developed for students and families. A comprehensive list is below.
As new questions arise, they will be added to this page. In addition, the district has established an email address specifically for inquiries about the impact of the extended closure. Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we work through this process together.
- How will the learning process continue for all grades during this shutdown?
- Will teachers be available via email for students during the shutdown?
- Will the online lessons be conducted live or on-demand?
- What about classes with long-term substitutes? Will the sub be the one providing online learning?
- Will grades be given to students during the shutdown?
- If a student passes the course but does not get credit due to many absences, how can the student make of their time when the district is closed?
- How will the closure affect students in dual credit courses?
- What about those with no internet access?
- What about those with no electronic devices at home?
- What if a student is in need of or is having trouble with a district-issued device?
- My child’s device is at school. Can I coordinate with someone to pick it up?
- I need a password reset on my device. What do I do?
ATTENDANCE / ENROLLMENT
EVENTS & DEADLINES
- How will this affect seniors and graduation?
- Will prom have to be rescheduled?
- Will field trips scheduled for April or May need to be rescheduled? The money is due soon.
- How does the cancellation of STAAR affect those who are trying to apply for the Jerry Knight STEM Academy?
- Has Pre-K and Kindergarten Roundup 2020 been rescheduled?
STAAR & EXAMS
STUDENT NUTRITION / COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- How will students continue to be fed during the shutdown?
- Will MISD’s free curbside meals still be available during shelter-in-place orders?
- What about people who don’t have cars to go to the distribution sites?
- Can adults volunteer to distribute or deliver food to families?
- Are there any other local organization providing free meals or services?
- Is there anything I can donate?
HEALTH & MAINTENANCE