Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shutdown Updates
Last Updated: March 27, 2020
For the health and well-being of the Mansfield ISD community as measures continue to be taken to prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), Mansfield ISD schools, offices and facilities will remain closed. Because of the ever-changing nature of this situation, MISD will continue to monitor it and stay in contact with health officials and local authorities to determine a safe date to reopen. All extracurricular activities and field trips will be canceled during this time as well. Information about student meal services, distance learning opportunities, community resources and FAQ is available below.Mansfield ISD’s top priority is the safety and well-being of its students and staff. Please be assured that MISD health professionals have been proactively monitoring information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) since the start of the outbreak.
Staff members are monitoring the situation and proactively initiating preventative cleaning and health education as necessary out of an abundance of caution.
MISD also works closely with Tarrant County Public Health to stay aware of the latest local developments. The district will continue to monitor recommendations from Tarrant County and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as the situation evolves.
Communication to the Community
April 3, 2020 - Superintendent Dr. Cantu Gives an Update About Grades, Graduation and More (video)
March 20, 2020 - Superintendent Dr. Cantu Gives an Update About the Shutdown and Distance Learning (video)
March 19, 2020 - Governor Abbott Shuts Down Schools Through April 3
March 16, 2020 - Superintendent Dr. Cantu Gives an Update About the COVID-19 Shutdown (video)
March 13, 2020 - MISD Extends Spring Break for Two More Weeks
March 12, 2020 - MISD Monitors the Coronavirus During Spring Break
March 6, 2020 - MISD Sends Information Regarding Coronavirus and Travel
Feb. 28, 2020 - MISD Updates the Community About the Coronavirus
Ways to Stop the Spread
With good hygiene etiquette, we can all do their part to prevent the spread of this illness and other contagious diseases:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use good coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Properly dispose of used tissue in the proper containers.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home from school or work if you are sick, especially if running a fever.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Those needing a helping hand during this Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) shutdown can view a list of community resources here.
- Individuals who may be feeling stressed, anxious or fearful can view a list of resources to improve their emotional wellness here.
Please review the websites below for factual information about the coronavirus.
- Tarrant County Public Health
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) COVID-19 Awareness (en español)
This page will be updated as needed to equip the public with the latest information.