Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
After a thorough assessment, Mansfield ISD will continue the requirement of masks while reducing the quarantine time for students and staff to 10 days following an exposure to COVID-19. Read details.
The safety and well-being of students, families and staff will remain Mansfield ISD’s top priority. In the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the district is giving the option for students to learn in an in-person setting with heightened safety protocols or a virtual setting.
MISD works closely with Tarrant County Public Health to stay aware of the latest local developments concerning COVID-19 updates and will remain in talks with state and local health officials to ensure the proper health protocols are in place at all times. Please know that adjustments may be necessary throughout the school year. It will be MISD's commitment to keep the community informed of those changes and updates.
View the categories below for more information.
Letters to the Community
- March 2, 2021 - MISD to Assess and Evaluate After Officials Lift Mask Mandate
- November 13, 2020 - MISD Schools to Remain Open for In-Person and Virtual Classes
- August 11, 2020 - Student Device Pickup Changed to Home Delivery
- August 9, 2020 - Student Device Distribution: Extended Dates, Times, New Locations
- July 29, 2020 - Fall Reopening 2020 Update
Ways to Stop the Spread
We can all do their part to prevent the spread of this illness and other contagious diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- When in public, wear a mask over your nose and mouth.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Community resources for information, food services, internet and more.
- Emotional wellness resources during COVID-19.
- Free COVID-19 testing sites
Please review the websites below for factual information concerning the coronavirus:
- Tarrant County Public Health
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) COVID-19 Awareness (en español)
This page will be updated as needed to equip the public with the latest information.