Campus Volunteers & Background Checks
Mansfield ISD is very appreciative of the parents, community members, and business companions who volunteer at our schools. Volunteering in schools is a great way to become involved in the education process.
Please contact an MISD campus to learn what volunteer opportunities are available. No amount of time you can spare is too small.
Because the safety of our students and staff is our top priority, those wanting to become MISD volunteers must go through the following security measures before serving in the district:
- Volunteers must provide a driver’s license or another form of identification with the applicant’s photograph. The verification method must be issued by an entity of the U.S. government.
- Volunteers must pass a criminal background check.
- MISD uses a reputable third-party company to obtain criminal background checks.
- Your social security number (SSN) is used to conduct the background check. However, MISD cannot require parties who are not employed with the district to provide social security information. If an applicant opts out of providing their SSN, the background check process may take longer in order to cross-check information.
- Credit scores and credit reports are not obtained during the background check process. The information given will only be used to determine criminal history. (View the rights under FCRA.)
After individuals have completed the criteria above and are cleared to volunteer, the campus will contact the volunteer and inform them when their services are to begin.