MISD Tuition-Based Pre-K Program | Pre-Kindergarten Curriculum
| The district is opening 20 spots at the Dr. Sarah K. Jandrucko Academy for Early Learners for the 2019 spring semester. Students will be selected through a lottery. The deadline to apply for an open slot at The Academy is Friday, Feb. 15, 2019. Get details and apply >> |
Mansfield ISD provides free, half-day Pre-Kindergarten to students that meet at least one the following eligibility criteria (as outlined by TEA):
A child who is four (4) years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year is eligible for a pre-kindergarten program if the child meets one of the qualifiers listed below:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Economically disadvantaged (qualifies for free or reduced lunches);
- Homeless (as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a);
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty;
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child is, or ever has been, in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing. This also includes children who have been adopted or returned to their parents; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Documentation of eligibility is required upon enrollment.
MISD Tuition-Based Pre-K Program
Starting 2019-20, children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1 of the current school year and who do not qualify for either the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) or the free federally-funded pre-kindergarten program, are eligible to enroll in Mansfield ISD's Tuition-Based Pre-K Program.
For more information about the pre-k program, please download our Frequently Asked Questions.
- J.L. Boren Elementary (1401 Country Club Drive, Mansfield, TX 76063)
- Roberta Tipps Elementary (3001 North Walnut Creek Drive, Mansfield, TX 76063)
- Annette Perry Elementary (1261 South Main Street, Mansfield, TX 76063)
- Dr. Sarah K. Jandrucko Academy for Early Learners (7811 S. Collins Street, Arlington, TX 76002)
- AM Session: 8:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m. (includes breakfast/lunch)
- PM Session: 12:20 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (includes lunch/snack)
- Application/Holding Fee - $90
- This fee is due at the time of registration and will be applied toward the first month's tuition.
- 1st Month Tuition – $295 (due September 1)
- Monthly Tuition – $385 (October - May; due by first day of each month)
The deadline to apply for the 2019-20 school term was Friday, February 8, 2019.