Gifted & Talented Identification Process
It is the goal of Mansfield ISD to identify all students with exceptional ability or
the potential for exceptional ability. Professionals trained in gifted education will provide planned, consistent, equitable programs, so that each identified gifted and talented (GT) student is given the opportunity to reach his or her maximum potential.
- Parents contact the campus GT Specialist for a GT Referral Form and return it to the specialist upon completion. The GT Specialist enrolls the student in the next testing window.
- Parents receive a link to a home survey of observed GT behavior frequencies. Meanwhile, teachers complete a teacher SIGS survey of observed GT behavior frequencies at school.
- Child takes online cognitive abilities tests at the school. The results are reported to the GT Specialist on campus.
- The campus GT Review Committee reviews all data from the cognitive tests and surveys to determine if a learning need has been identified.
- A ‘qualification’ or ‘did not qualify’ letter is sent home to parents explaining the results of the identification process. If identified, services begin immediately. Qualification may result in schedule change.
Download a printable version of the GT Identification Process.