Game Day Photography & Video Policy
All photographers requesting sideline access during a sporting event (including sub-varsity & middle school athletic events) must submit the following:
- Complete a Game Day Photographer application
- Complete a background check
Upon clearance from the background check, you will receive an email from the MISD Athletic Department about your status. In addition, a badge will be provided which must be worn and visible at all times while taking photos at any MISD-sanctioned sporting event.
NOTE: There is currently no fee for game day photographers, but Mansfield ISD will start accessing fees for athletic event photographers in the 2018-19 school term.
- Stay a minimum of three feet away from the field or court.
- Stay out of the officials' paths.
- Do not enter the team boxes.
- Never use a tripod while working the sidelines. A monopod is recommended for large lenses.
- Be aware of cables from video/TV cameras, especially the sideline remote videographers.
- Never stand directly behind a kneeling or standing photographer. If he/she has to move suddenly to avoid getting hit by players, you will impair their movement.
- Be courteous and polite. Flagrant violators will be removed from the field.