2015-16 Insurance Update
Open Enrollment will be held over the summer from July 6 - July 31, 2015. Every employee, regardless of whether or not you are enrolled with insurance through the district, MUST complete open enrollment.
We encourage you to self-enroll through the online Employee Portal (Benefits HUB). In addition, First Financial representatives will be available at designated schools to assist employees with enrollment. Specific times and locations are detailed below and will also be mailed to all employees. To ensure we have the correct mailing address on file, please review your contact information in the Employee Portal.
Dates to Remember
July 6 - July 31, 2015: Open Enrollment MUST be completed by every employee regardless of whether or not you are enrolled with insurance through the district.
- Self enroll available online every day;
- In person with a First Financial Enroller on the following dates/times
- July 6 - July 9, 2015 | 8:00 a.m. - Noon @ Legacy High School
- July 13 - July 16, 2015 | 8:00 a.m. - Noon @ Danny Jones Middle School
- July 20 - July 23, 2015 | 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. @ Legacy High School
- July 27 - July 30, 2015 | 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. @ Danny Jones Middle School
July 31, 2015 - Open Enrollment ends; No changes will be allowed except during the noted open enrollment period unless you experience a Special Enrollment Event. [Qualifying Events are Marriage, Divorce (resulting in loss of coverage), Birth, Adoption, Death, Termination or change in employee or spouse’s employment (full-time to part-time or part-time to full-time status), Change in eligibility status of a dependent (attains max eligibility age/meets and/or ceases to meet full-time student status qualification), Loss or curtailment in health coverage of employee or spouse due to change in spouse’s employment and upon meeting a required eligibility period in spouse’s open enrollment.]
- TRS Enrollment/Drop Form (for Special Enrollment Event) - This form must be turned in within 31 days of a Qualifying Event with the proof of loss or new coverage showing effective date.
September 1, 2015: All changes made during open enrollment in July become effective.
For additional information and the latest updates on insurance, visit the TRS website at http://trs.state.tx.us.
NOTE: By logging into the Employee Portal, you can update your contact information, view/change your beneficiaries, sign-up for the staff clinic and accept/decline insurance.
|Notice to Employees: Requirements of the Affordable Care Act - As of January 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires you to have health insurance for yourself and your dependents. Read the notice...|
Don't see the form you need? Try the Intranet Documents & Forms page.