Sick Leave Bank
The MISD Sick Leave Bank (SLB) operates for the benefit of our employees for those unexpected periods of absence from work. Our operating handbook provides flexibility in joining or in using the benefits of the SLB.
The SLB charges all first-year members two leave days upon enrollment. Normally, there is an annual re-enrollment “charge” of one leave day to continue enrollment after the first year.
However, a provision in the SLB Handbook allows us to be able to provide returning members with continued membership without the customary annual one day “charge”. Membership has grown more in past years than requests to withdraw days have been approved, resulting in a strong balance of days in the SLB. This new provision provides more value to our membership in the SLB.
Open Enrollment is August/September each year. If you have questions about the SLB, be sure to view the documents and handbook below or discuss with any of our Committee Members, who are elected to represent your interests.
2013-14 Committee Members - For any openings currently available, please contact any one of the committee members below if you are interested.
- Administrator/Supervisor/Coordinator/Director – Shelley Taylor, Chairperson.
- Campus Administrator – OPEN
- Counselor/ Librarian/ Diagnostician/ Nurse – Teri Bautovich, 11-13.
- Elementary School Teacher – Shelly Lodal
- Food Service Representative – Debbie LaPlant, 11-13.
- High School Teacher – Glenn White, 10-12.
- Intermediate School Teacher – OPEN
- Paraprofessional Representative/ Police – Dianna Casper, 13