About the MISD Children's Center
This center provides both a developmentally appropriate learning program available to the preschool children of Mansfield ISD employees and a progressive laboratory facility for MISD high school students.
Goals and Philosophy
The Children’s Center recognizes that children are unique individuals. All aspects of their growth follow a pattern, but all development is at the individual’s own rate. Children learn best through play. Therefore, our task is to provide an environment and a curriculum, which are developmentally appropriate for young children, and flexible enoughto meet their individual needs. This type setting provides opportunities for children to develop to their full potential physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually. The Children’s Center welcomes all children regardless of language, class, culture, race, or family structure.
The Children’s Center occupies two classrooms in the Ben Barber CTA and includes laboratories for each age group; kitchen areas, an observation room, and the fenced playground. The children will take supervised campus field trips to areas of interest, such as the TV studio, agricultural barns, science labs, culinary arts, health sciences and many others. The center is designed to accommodate forty preschool children from two years through five years of age.
Hours of Operation
The MISD Children’s Center will be open starting the first Monday of Professional Development in August through the scheduled Teacher’s Workday in June.. The center will be open for scheduled Professional Development days as needed. The staff and children of the Center will observe the same holiday schedule as that of the staff of the MISD system.
Please note: When the district is closed because of inclement weather, the Center will also be closed.
Tuition and Fees
The tuition payments will be arranged monthly, bi-monthly or weekly. The daily tuition rate includes breakfast and lunch. Due by April 30 each spring there will be a non-refundable Enrollment/Commitment Fee to reserve a child care space. The tuition rates and fees are based on those charged by programs of similar LAB schools, as well as any decision made by the Ben Barber principal and Mansfield ISD in regards to this program.
Mansfield ISD Child Care Cost
- Revised $39 per day
- Lunch & Snacks no additional cost
- Music & Movement no additional cost
- MISD Holidays no tuition required
- Winter Break no tuition required
- Spring Break no tuition required
- Enrollment/Supply Fee - $75 per year
Children’s Center Policy:
- The licensing rules, regulations and standards we are governed by are those of the State of Texas. These are minimum standards and we are always striving “to meet and exceed” the state standards.
- Currently enrolled children have first priority for the limited child care spaces each new school year.
- The age range between the oldest and the youngest child dictates the ages of a particular classroom.
- Any child on the appropriately ages Waiting List will be eligible for enrollment for the following year based on the existing classroom list.
- Parents must call or e-mail the Center to update addresses and telephone numbers.