Mansfield ISD welcomes the opportunity to partner with colleges, universities and Teacher Preparation Programs (i.e. ECAP Program, Region XI Program) in providing formal student teaching placements within our district.
MISD believes that the professional growth and development afforded the student teacher during their internship is critical to the successful transition from student to teacher. We will work with you to see that quality placements are made to enhance the student learning process.
Student Placement Steps
- A written placement request must be sent from the college, university or teacher preparation program to the MISD Human Resource Service Center via fax or email to:
Venetia Sneed, Director of Human Resource Development
- Student Teachers must complete and turn into their university or program coordinator the MISD Criminal History Authorization form to accompany the placement request.
- Campus assignments will be confirmed once the placement request and Criminal History Authorization form have been received and successfully processed.
- Approved placements will be sent to the college, university or teacher preparation program office for student notification.
- Approved student teachers must report to MISD Human Resources (605 E. Broad Street, Mansfield, TX 76063) to sign a Pre-Employment Affidavit and have it notarized by an appropriate HR staff member.
- You will then be directed to the MISD Police Department (1522 N. Walnut Creek, Mansfield, TX 76063) to have an ID Badge made.
Student Teaching Placement Forms
Criminal History Authorization Form