Daily Announcements for the Week of 10/1/18
Posted 10/01/2018 11:41AM
Daily Announcements for the Week of 10/1/18
- Senior ads for the yearbook are due Friday! Information can be found at legacystudentmedia.com or in your home mailbox. A yearbook is included in the price of the ad. SENIOR ADS due this FRIDAY.
- Mrs. Gross is offering FREE tutoring for the PSAT in her classroom after school on Wednesday. You can’t go wrong if you attend…better your scores and increase your college opportunities. It’s this Wednesday in V302 from 3:00 – 4:00. This opportunity is available to Freshman, Sophomore, and Juniors. Make plans to attend.
- Congratulations Debate Team who competed at Princeton High School this past weekend:
-Cintia Vera and Phillip Ipock took 1st Place in Public Forum Debate
-Phillip won Top Speaker Award
-Carson Wells and Ethan Rozak took 3rd Place
-Brinley Koenig and Mellissa De La Cruz Sanchez took 4th
In Novice LD Debate:
-Kennedy Wright at her first tournament took 8th
In Novice CX Debate:
-Ruth Oyerokun and Kate Woody took 7th Place
-Brinley Koenig took 6th Place in Extemp Speaking
Bronco Debate Proud!!!!
- The Boys Soccer Team is hosting a Spirit Night at Chipotle on Tuesday, October 2 from 4-8 PM. Tell the cashier that you are with Legacy Soccer.
- Congratulations to the Legacy Bronco Band for their performances on Saturday at the Midlothian Band Competition. The band pushed through a rainy semifinals to make it to the finals for the first time in a few years. Kudos to our band members and band directors for their tireless work. The band qualified for finals with 7th place in prelims while performing in a torrential downpour. They were able to dry out a little and come back and perform in finals finishing 8th overall of 15 bands performing in competition. The band showed a lot of discipline and grit on Saturday - we are very proud of them! If you see a band kid today, give them a high five and tell them great job.
- Are you part of the LGBT community? If so, come down to Y315 at 3:00 Monday! The LGBT Club is having their first official meeting today. Even if you aren’t part of this community, you can still come to learn! We meet every other Monday from 3-4. Come help us make a difference!
- The next AVID Club meeting is Wednesday after school and Thursday before school in J-108. Come vote for the new officers, get involved, and get college ready! All are welcome!
- Student Fair Tickets are at the Receptionist desk.
- Are you interested in learning about the true meaning of the Muslim religion? Do you wish to have a better understanding of Muslim culture? If so, come by room Y311 after school from 3:00-3:30 today, October 2nd, for the first meeting of the Muslim Association! Everyone, no matter your beliefs, is welcome to join us in room Y311 as we discuss food, Henna, and everything you've ever wanted to know about the Muslim religion.
- Interact Club: We are meeting Wednesday after school in the counseling office. Please plan on attending. We have some work to do for our future projects!
- We all know the football team has a bye this week…So please come and pack the stands for tonight’s volleyball games. The games are here at Legacy. Varsity starts at 5:30 and the JV and Freshman games will follow. Come be loud and Bronco Proud as the Volleyball girls take on Everman and Beat ‘dem Bulldogs!
- The Legacy tennis team defeated Burleson Centennial last night 11 to 7. Varsity Tennis is undefeated in district play with one more match to go. Cheer on the tennis players as they make a run for district champs next week.
- Students: Construction in the parking near the field house will be ongoing. Be careful, and drive SLOWLY.
- Teachers: Beginning Monday of next week our parking lot security guard will begin ticketing vehicles parked in the loading zones here on campus. This means… no parking near the dumpsters or in the horseshoe at the front of the building. Make sure you park in teacher designated parking areas and always display your placard or sticker at all times.
- Senior ads deadline for the yearbook has been extended until Tuesday, October 9! Information can be found at legacystudentmedia.com or in your home mailbox. A yearbook is included in the price of the yearbook.
- Yearbook photo orders are in. You should receive them in your English class today or tomorrow. Retakes are Oct. 16. TCC English students can stop by the journalism room to pick up their ordered photos.
- Our next Art Club Meeting will be this Tuesday, October 9th from 3 until 4 in Mr. Skinner's Room EN101. Make plans to attend, as we will be discussing plans for the year, Officer Positions, T-shirt Designs, and possible Halloween Projects.