9/11 Message from Mr. Short
What is upcoming at Asa Low IS you ask? Here are the things to know for you to better help you and your student:
• Tonight, 9/11/2018 will be our first Camp Chaperone Meeting from 6:30-7:30pm in our library. This meeting is for those chaperones that are attending our 5th Grade Outdoor Education Camp to be held next week.
• If you are planning to attend any field trip MISD requires the Campus Volunteer Background Check to be completed. This link will take you directly to the application. It does require that you enter your middle name when filling this out. Please be sure to complete entirely or it will not process your application.
• Today, 9/11/2018 was the day to turn in your fundraiser money. If you are still missing a few items the online sales are still open till 9/18/2018.
• Next Friday, 9/21/2018 Asa Low will host Love and Logic: Approach to Parenting the ADD/ADHD Child parent seminar. This is open to any parent in MISD. We would love for you to join us in the library at 8:30am-10:00am. If you have any questions about this event please contact your grade level counselor for more information.
• By now students have gone through the Club Fair to see what club options are available to them. If you and/or your student are still needing more information or have a question on a club please contact the sponsor directly. We will also publish the catalog to our Asa Low MISD website for you to view as well.
• Starting next week open morning tutoring will be available to all students. Teachers will hold these sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am-8:25am. Students will need their parents to write a pass to morning tutoring in order to attend. Please drop your student off in the normal car drop off in the back by the cafeteria/gym doors; a teacher will then send them through to tutoring in the mornings.
• LOST AND FOUND – We have a large amount of “found items” here at Asa Low. Currently we have 18 lunchboxes on the table in the cafeteria alone. We have jackets, clothes and lots of gym clothes as well. If your student has lost anything please have them take the time to look in the cafeteria and/or their team area lost and found boxes. If your student has lost their PE clothes/gym bags those are usually kept in the gyms. They have 2 baskets right now that are filling up fast with lost gym items.