Eighteen Mansfield ISD Fine Arts students have proven they are among the top high school musicians in Texas, and they will be showcasing their talents in February.
Ten choir students and eight band students were named All-State musicians by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA). According to TMEA, it is the highest honor a Texas music student can receive.
Out of 68,000 students who auditioned, approximately 1,700 students were selected to perform in one of 15 ensembles. The performances will be held Saturday, Feb. 17 at the annual TMEA Conference in San Antonio.
Congratulations to the following MISD Fine Arts students:
Lake Ridge High School
- Dillon Akerman, freshman - percussion
- Lisandro Atencio, junior - percussion
- Joseph Huynh, junior - bass clarinet
- Kaleb Patterson, senior - tuba
- Scott Sanders, junior - French horn
Legacy High School
- Stacie Morton, sophomore - soprano 1
Mansfield High School
- Emma Bailey, senior - soprano 1
- Nicole Barbeau, junior - soprano 2
- Camryn Martinez, senior - alto 1
- Aramide Ogunmekan, sophomore - alto 2
- Caden Puempel, senior - tenor 1
- Reagan Young, sophomore - alto 1
Summit High School
- Justin Gomez, senior - baritone saxophone
- Jacob Hanes, senior - bass 1
- Justin Lymburner, junior - cornet/trumpet
- Stephanie Nguyen, sophomore - piccolo
- Angel Reeve, junior - soprano 2
- Mackenzie Rieter, senior - soprano 1
The Mansfield High School men’s choir was also selected to perform at the annual conference after judges reviewed a submitted recording. The group will be one of the only high school men’s choirs to perform.