To ensure that children continue receiving delicious and nutritious meals throughout the summer, Mansfield ISD will kick off its sixth annual free summer meals program.
Starting May 29, all kids up to age 18 and adults with special needs up to age 21 will receive the free food from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays. (Three breakfast meals and three lunch meals will be provided on those days.)
The food distribution sites are:
- Glenn Harmon Elementary School
- D.P. Morris Elementary School
- Annette Perry Elementary School
- Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School
- Della Icenhower Intermediate School
- Lake Ridge High School
Children do not have to be an MISD student to receive the meals, and families can visit any of the participating sites.
The packaged meals are distributed in a drive-thru fashion. Walkers and bike riders are also welcome to grab a meal to go.
No one will need to exit their personal vehicles; and if the child is not present, a form of ID or proof of enrollment will need to be presented on site.
Examples of ID and proof of enrollment are:
- An official Letter/email from school that shows children as enrolled
- An individual student report cards
- An attendance record from parent portal of school website
- A birth certificate for children not in school
- A student ID card
The last day of service will be Friday, July 31.