Student Teaching Placement
MISD believes the professional growth and development afforded the student teacher during their internship is critical to the successful transition from student to teacher. We will work with you to see that quality placements are made to enhance the student learning process.
Student Placement Steps
- A written placement request must be sent from the college, university or teacher preparation program.
- Student Teachers must complete the Criminal History Authorization form and turn it in to their university or program coordinator.
- The written replacement request AND completed Criminal History Authorization form should be sent to Venetia Sneed, Director of Human Resource Development, via email at email@example.com or by fax at 817-548-2153.
- Approved placements will be sent to the college, university or teacher preparation program office for student notification. Approved student teachers will be added to the MISD badge list.
- Approved student teachers will report to the MISD Police Department (1522 N. Walnut Creek, Mansfield, TX 76063) to have an MISD ID badge made before the first day to report to campus.
- Approved student teachers will complete a pre-employment affidavit and an emergency contact form at the campus on their first reporting day.
- Campuses will forward both documents to Human Resources.