Student Teaching Placement
MISD believes the professional growth and development afforded the student teacher during their internship is critical to the successful transition from student to teacher. We will work with you to see that quality placements are made to enhance the student learning process.
Student Placement Steps
- A written placement request must be sent from the college, university or teacher preparation program.
- Student Teachers must complete the Criminal History Authorization form and turn it in to their university or program coordinator.
- The written replacement request AND completed Criminal History Authorization form should be sent to Venetia Sneed, Director of Human Resource Development, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 817-548-2153.
- Approved placements will be sent to the college, university or teacher preparation program office for student notification.
- Approved student teachers must report to MISD Human Resources (605 E. Broad Street, Mansfield, TX 76063) to sign a Pre-Employment Affidavit and have it notarized by Kia Crosby. NOTE: Affidavits are only accepted Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. - noon.
- Student teachers will be directed to the MISD Police Department (1522 N. Walnut Creek, Mansfield, TX 76063) to have an ID Badge made.