Individuals are eligible to complete classroom observations in Mansfield ISD if they are:
- Currently enrolled in a teacher degree program at a four-year college or university
- Currently enrolled in a Junior College education course
- Currently seeking certification through an Alternative Certification Program.
Eligible candidates will need to complete the steps below to get started:
- Complete and submit the Classroom Observation Request Form
- Complete and submit the Criminal History Authorization Form
- Submit an acceptance letter from an alternative program describing the observation request requirement of the program or course syllabus describing required observation hours for the class.
Sending Your Documents
Submit all THREE required documents to Kia Crosby via email at KiaCrosby@misdmail.org or by fax at 817-548-2153. NOTE: All documents must be submitted at the same time by email or fax only.
Observation Request Guidelines
- Classroom observations may be scheduled from September to April.
- Observation requests will not be processed after April 1.
- All requests for classroom observations are subject to space and availability.
- At any point during the school year, we reserve the right to deny classroom observers. based on the number of requests received and District calendar of events.
- Mansfield ISD does not offer summer classroom observations.
Observer Clearance Guidelines
- Human Resources will notify the applicant when the request is approved via email of the Observation Clearance form.
- Observation hours must be completed during the approved period.
- Observation hours are limited to 32 hours within thirty (30) calendar days per school year.
- Do not request hours in advance of your availability to complete the hours within the approved thirty (30) day period.
- Extensions for observation hours will not be granted and duplicate observation request forms will not be processed.
- Observers are responsible for contacting the campus of choice and scheduling observation hours within the approved timeframe.
- Observers are required to bring the Observation Clearance form and valid identification to the campus assignment. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from observation opportunities.
Note: Mansfield ISD teachers do not verify observation hours. It is the responsibility of the Observer to obtain and maintain verification signatures for documentation purposes.