Vehicle Titles & Registration
When a department purchases a new vehicle and/or trailer:
- Contact James Arnold, District Fleet Manager, at 817-299-6086 for a complete check of vehicle and/or trailer.
- Submit the following list of items to James:
- Copy of purchase order, invoice, bill of sale and odometer disclosure statement
- Original title paperwork from dealership (Form 130-U)
- Vehicle Inspection Report
- Original MCO/Certificate of Origin. For trailers, a Certified Weight Slip is required if original MCO/Certificate of Origin doesn’t notate the empty and gross weight. NOTE: If trailer combined weight, holding capacity and trailer is under 7500 lbs, no inspection is required. If trailer will require license plates, please notify James. For Texas DPS fees and latest requirements, visit Texas DPS - Cost of Inspection and Texas DPS - News and Updates
- Department check covering registration fees, if we will be mailing the title registration. Make checks payable to Tarrant County Tax Assessor. This check must accompany all title paperwork. Visit DMV website for fees chart - Texas Two Steps, One Sticker – Fees
Transportation receives all original vehicle registration renewals.
Copies of the vehicle registration renewal will be emailed to the department secretary and originals will be sent via interoffice mail.
Departments are responsible for processing registration. If new license plates (number) are issued upon renewal, the department is to notify Distribution AND James Arnold in order to update asset inventory.