- What all do I need to have to be fully qualified as a school bus attendant?
- How do I go about getting the training?
- What does the five days of training with a Transportation Trainer consist of?
- What does MISD Transportation Level Two Performance Qualification Test entails?
Step One: Fill out an application and turn it in.
Step Two: (conducted by Human Resources and Transportation)
- Background check
- Interview by Transportation Administration
- Transportation Manager Orientation
Step Three: Pass MISD Transportation level one performance qualification test. The test includes: Exiting out of the back door of the bus in 25seconds, physically stepping through an opened emergency exit roof hatch and walking to a parked bus on the parking lot, and back on the second floor within three minutes.
- Transportation Orientation Class (3hrs)
- Transportation Wheel Chair Class (3hrs)
- View all Transportation videos (16 videos)
Step Five: Hands on training with a Transportation Trainer - The hands on training will take four days (three hours each day)
Day One: Transportation Orientation and Wheel Chair Training- 6hrs This class is only for Transportation employees (Drivers/Attendants). It is not applicable to MISD coaches.
Day Two: Bus Basics Orientation
- Policies - (Dress code, cell phone, field trip paper work, fueling , Helping driver to back, (amber/four way flasher usages, speed limits, CNG, child alarm system, camera system and accident procedure)
- Bus orientation -( belt and whistle, mirrors, emergency equipment, bus log book)
- Pre/Post-trip inspection (air brakes, inside and outside inspection, mirrors adjustment, lift usage, danger zones, loading and unloading student.)
Day Three: Securing SPED Equipment
- Recap pre/post trip
- Air brakes
- Using the lift
- Loading and unloading student
- Securing wheel chair
- Securing star seat
- Securing vest
- Securing equipment when not in use
- Filling out paperwork
Day Four: Railroad Crossing/Loading and Unloading
- Recap pre/post trip, Air brakes, Securing Wheel chair, Securing Star seat, Securing Equipment when not in use, Securing Vest, and Filling out paper work, Loading and Unloading Student, Lift Usage
- Railroad Crossing
- Loading and Unloading
- MISD Performance Practice
Day Five: MISD Transportation Level Two Performance Qualification Test
- Recap pre/post trip, air brakes, securing wheel chair, securing star seat, securing equipment when not in use, securing vest, and filling out paperwork, loading and unloading student, lift usage
- Railroad crossing
- Loading and unloading
- MISD performance test