Optional Device Insurance
Parents/guardians are responsible for the full reasonable cost to repair or replace a device that has been broken, lost or stolen. The purchase of optional insurance may help with offsetting the cost.
The next enrollment window is Sept. 27 through Oct. 15 for device insurance. (Policy coverage will be effective Sept. 27, 2021 - Sept. 27, 2022.) Students in grades 3-12 are eligible to purchase optional device insurance to cover district-issued devices. The optional device insurance, insured through Worth Avenue Group, protects the MISD-issued device against an assortment of damages, including accidental drops and spills as well as theft and vandalism.
The policy provides full replacement cost coverage and is transferable to the replacement unit during the coverage period. Coverage periods are for one full calendar year.
Device Insurance Enrollment
Mansfield ISD will offer multiple enrollment periods throughout the school term. Coverage can only be purchased during the enrollment window.
For complete details on coverage protections and pricing, view the device insurance coverage handout.
Purchase Device Insurance
NOTE: If you miss the enrollment window, you will need to wait until the next window opens to obtain coverage.
Device Insurance Claims
To submit a claim, please enter a student help ticket. Tickets must include your insurance order number found on your invoice (sent via email from Worth Avenue Group). Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing of insurance claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many times can I submit a claim?
- There is no limit on claims.
- Are accessories covered, such as device cases or adapters?
- Charging cords/adapters are covered, however, cases are not covered.
- How long does coverage last?
- The device is covered for one calendar year.
- How long will it take to get my device back after a claim is submitted?
- Typically 3-4 weeks. This includes time for processing your claim. If needed, the district will provide a loaner device until the repaired device is returned.
- If I decide not to purchase optional insurance and my child breaks or loses his/her devices, am I required to pay?
- Yes, parents/guardians are responsible for the cost of broken, lost or stolen devices.