The MISD Technology department oversees the distribution and return of student iPads and laptops. Information about MISD's policies and procedures pertaining to district-loaned mobile devices along with how to obtain, manage and return your device can be found below.
Getting Your Device
- Deposit Information
- How-To Guide for Making Online Payments with TicketTracker
- Student Handbook (en Español) | (see pages 45-57 for information on electronic devices and the MISD Student Acceptable Use Policy)
Utilizing Your Device
- Accessing the Internet from Home
- Keeping Your School Device Safe and Secure Watch Video | Take Quiz
- Creating an Apple ID (not for 7th graders)
- Blacklisted Apps
- Ticketracker Online Payments
Returning Your Device
- iPad/Laptop Collection - All district-issued devices must be returned at the end of each school term for necessary updates.
- Drop-off location | Behind Brooks Wester Middle School (1524 North Walnut Creek Drive in Mansfield)
- Drop-off hours | Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (The district will be closed the week of July 6.)
- If you are unable to come during the regularly scheduled hours, please contact TechHelp@misdmail.org to inquire about other accommodations.
- Drop-off instructions | Please bring the device, cable and charging block. A deposit refund will be issued based on a damage check. If a student is registered for summer programs, he or she may keep the device while in the program. However, the device will need to be turned in at the completion of the program. (Redistribution will occur in August.)
- If your device is missing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to file a loss report. The reporting of missing devices is required in order to clear the device from the student's possession.
- Check-In Procedures
- Refund Application
If you have any questions, please download our Frequently Asked Questions.