The MISD Technology Department oversees the distribution and return of student-issued equipment. Information about MISD's policies and procedures pertaining to district-loaned mobile devices along with how to obtain, manage and return your device can be found below.
Getting Your Device
Feb. 2, 2021 - All virtual and in-person learner device deployments have been completed. If you or your student was unable to attend, devices will be delivered to your home campus. Parents will be notified about pickup dates and times.
2020-21 Device Request Form
NOTE: Due to availability, some requests may be delayed. Please submit only one request.
As a reminder, students do not need to use a district-owned device. Any device with an Internet connection can be used to access all programs and apps needed for virtual learning.
- Student & Family Device Usage Handbook
- New Chromebook Quick Guide
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Specifications
- Student Handbook (en Español) | (see pages 45-57 for information on electronic devices and the MISD Student Responsible Use Policy)
Utilizing Your Device
- Student Password Reset: Call 817-299-2799
- Technical Assistance: Email TechHelp@misdmail.org
- Accessing the Internet from Home
- Keeping Your School Device Safe and Secure: Watch Video | Take Quiz
Returning Your Device
District-issued devices must be returned if there is a problem with the device, if the student no longer needs the device or if the student no longer attends an MISD school. In addition, at the end of each school term, all district-issued devices must be turned in for necessary updates.
- Drop-off location | Police & Technology Department Lobby Area (1522 North Walnut Creek Drive in Mansfield, behind Brooks Wester Middle School) NOTE: Students may also drop off devices at their home campus during regular school hours.
- Drop-off hours | Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed for lunch)
- If you are unable to come during the regularly scheduled hours, please contact TechHelp@misdmail.org or call the student help line at 817-299-2799 to inquire about other accommodations.
- Drop-off instructions | Please bring the device, charger and case/bag that was issued. If a deposit was collected when the device was issued, a deposit refund will be issued based on a damage check and the completion of a refund application.
- If your device is missing, contact TechHelp@misdmail.org to file a loss report. The reporting of missing devices is required in order to clear the device from the student's possession.
Requesting a Refund
Please follow the iPad Check-In Procedures before returning your device and submitting your refund application for your deposit.
Have more questions? Please download our Frequently Asked Questions.