The MISD Technology Department oversees the distribution and return of student-issued equipment. Information about MISD's policies and procedures pertaining to district-loaned mobile devices along with how to obtain, manage and return your device can be found below.
Getting Your Device
All remaining device requests for the 2020-21 school term will be delivered directly to the school for parent pickup. Parents will be notified when the device is ready.
As a reminder, students do not need to use a district-owned device. Any device with an Internet connection can be used to access all programs and apps needed for virtual learning. Any students who are unable to get a device before the start of school on Wednesday, Aug. 12 will not be penalized.
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Specifications
- Student Handbook (en Español) | (see pages 45-57 for information on electronic devices and the MISD Student Responsible Use Policy)
Utilizing Your Device
- Accessing the Internet from Home
- Keeping Your School Device Safe and Secure: Watch Video | Take Quiz
Returning Your Device
All district-issued devices must be returned at the end of each school term for necessary updates.
- Drop-off location | Behind Brooks Wester Middle School (1524 North Walnut Creek Drive in Mansfield)
- Drop-off hours | Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- If you are unable to come during the regularly scheduled hours, please contact TechHelp@misdmail.org to inquire about other accommodations.
- Drop-off instructions | Please bring the device, charger and case/bag that was issued. If a deposit was collected when the device was issued, a deposit refund will be issued based on a damage check and the completion of a refund application.
- If your device is missing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to file a loss report. The reporting of missing devices is required in order to clear the device from the student's possession.
- Check-In Procedures
- Refund Application
If you have any questions, please download our Frequently Asked Questions.