Pre-K in MISD
Starting with the 2022-23 school term, ALL pre-kindergarten in Mansfield ISD will be offered for the full day. View the list of Pre-K locations per school.
Pre-K Eligibility Criteria
Mansfield ISD provides free pre-kindergarten to students that meet at least one the following eligibility criteria as outlined by the Texas Education Agency AND offers tuition-based Pre-K for students that do not meet any of the eligibility criteria.
A child who is four (4) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year is eligible for a pre-kindergarten program if the child meets one of the qualifiers listed below:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Economically disadvantaged (qualifies for free or reduced lunches);
- Homeless (as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a);
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty (must be on active duty the first day of school);
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child is, or ever has been, in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing. This also includes children who have been adopted or returned to their parents; or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Documentation of eligibility is required upon enrollment. Review the list below for the approved documentation required for each noted eligibility.
|Eligibility Reason||Required Documentation|
|Unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language||Home Language Survey: Language Assessment|
(view income matrix)
TANF or SNAP Eligibility Number
|Homeless||Student Services approval|
|Foster Care||Letter from DFPS or CPS|
Statement of service;
Copy of death certificate;
Copy of Purple Heart orders;
Official letter from commander
|Star of Texas Award||Certificate of award|
MISD Tuition-Based Pre-K Program
Mansfield ISD offers tuition-based pre-kindergarten to students who do not meet eligibility criteria as outlined by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The MISD Pre-K tuition-based application/interest waiting list opens in April.
Registration for tuition-based pre-kindergarten at Boren Elementary has now closed.
Tuition-based PK may be available at other MISD campuses with a pre-kindergarten program, however, seats at these campuses are limited because openings are strictly based on enrollment numbers. Parents interested in tuition-based PK at any of these locations, must contact the campus of choice and ask to be added to the waiting list starting April 12, 2023. Parents will be notified of any available seats the first week of August.
For more information, please download our Tuition-Based Pre-K Program Frequently Asked Questions or contact Alycen Phan at AlycenPhan@misdmail.org.