Kindergarten Roundup 2021 will be held April 1 - August 17, 2021. Get full details.
Pre-K in MISD
Mansfield ISD offers both full-day and half-day pre-kindergarten.
Most campuses offer half-day Pre-K, but full-day Pre is offered at J.L. Boren Elementary (tuition-based campus), Judy K. Miller Elementary, Erma Nash Elementary, Nancy Neal Elementary, Annette Perry Elementary, Mary Jo Sheppard, Cora Spencer (beginning 2021-22), Tarver-Rendon Elementary and Roberta Tipps Elementary. (NOTE: Brenda K. Norwood pre-kindergarten students will be served at Annette Perry Elementary.)
By the 2022-23 school term, ALL pre-kindergarten in MISD will be offered for the full day.
Pre-K Eligibility Criteria
Mansfield ISD provides free pre-kindergarten to students that meet at least one the following eligibility criteria as outlined by the Texas Education Agency AND offers tuition-based Pre-K for students that do not meet any of the eligibility criteria.
A child who is four (4) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year is eligible for a pre-kindergarten program if the child meets one of the qualifiers listed below:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Economically disadvantaged (qualifies for free or reduced lunches);
- Homeless (as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a);
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty (must be on active duty the first day of school);
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child is, or ever has been, in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing. This also includes children who have been adopted or returned to their parents; or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Documentation of eligibility is required upon enrollment. Review the list below for the approved documentation required for each noted eligibility.
|Eligibility Reason||Required Documentation|
|Unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language||Home Language Survey: Language Assessment|
|Economically disadvantaged||Paycheck stub;
TANF or SNAP Eligibility Number
|Homeless||Student Services approval|
|Foster Care||Letter from DFPS or CPS|
Statement of service;
Copy of death certificate;
Copy of Purple Heart orders;
Official letter from commander
|Star of Texas Award||Certificate of award|
MISD Tuition-Based Pre-K Program
Mansfield ISD currently offers the tuition-based pre-kindergarten program at several elementary schools within the district. There are limited seats for this program and an application is required to attend.
Locations and Hours
Half Day | 8 a.m. - 11:10 a.m. OR 12:20 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Full Day | 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Dr. Sarah K. Jandrucko Academy for Early Learners (Half-Day)
- J.L. Boren Boren Elementary School (Full Day)
- Carol Holt Elementary School (Half Day)
- Erma Nash Elementary School (Full Day)
- Nancy Neal Elementary School (Full Day)
- Annette Perry Elementary School (Full Day)
- Alice Ponder Elementary School (Half Day)
- Tarver-Rendon School of Agricultural Leadership (Full Day)
- Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School (Full Day)
- Elizabeth Smith Innovative Learning Academy (Half Day)
- Roberta Tipps STEAM Academy (Full Day)
- Application/Holding Fee - $100 (NOTE: This fee is due at the time of registration and will be applied toward the first month's tuition.)
Full-Day Tuition - $700/month ($6,300/year)
Half-Day Tuition - $350/month ($3,150/year)
Tuition payment is due the first day of every month during the school term (September - May).
Tuition-based seats for the 2021-22 school year opens on Monday, Aug. 2. Interested parents can contact the campus of their choice directly to be placed on an interest waiting list. Seats in the program are provided in the order the child's name is on the waiting list, if applicable. Parents may place their child's name on more than one campus list.
For more information, please download our Tuition-Based Pre-K Program Frequently Asked Questions.