Pre-K Eligibility Criteria
Mansfield ISD provides free, half-day Pre-Kindergarten to students that meet at least one the following eligibility criteria (as outlined by TEA):
A child who is four (4) years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year is eligible for a pre-kindergarten program if the child meets one of the qualifiers listed below:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Economically disadvantaged (qualifies for free or reduced lunches);
- Homeless (as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a);
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty;
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child is, or ever has been, in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing. This also includes children who have been adopted or returned to their parents; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Documentation of eligibility is required upon enrollment.
MISD Tuition-Based Pre-K Program
Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1 of the current school year and who do not qualify for either the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) or the free federally-funded pre-kindergarten program, are eligible to enroll in MISD's Tuition-Based Pre-K Program.
For more information, please download our Tuition-Based Pre-K Program Frequently Asked Questions.
- J.L. Boren Elementary (1401 Country Club Drive, Mansfield, TX 76063)
- Dr. Sarah K. Jandrucko Academy for Early Learners (7811 S. Collins Street, Arlington, TX 76002)
- Boren Elementary | Full Day - 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- The Academy | Half Day - 8 a.m. - 11:10 a.m. OR 12:20 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Application/Holding Fee - $100 (NOTE: This fee is due at the time of registration and will be applied toward the first month's tuition.)
Full-Day Tuition - $750/month ($6,750/year)
Half-Day Tuition - $375/month ($3,375/year)
Tuition payment is due the first day of every month during the school term (September - May).
Application Window / Enrollment Timeline
- Application Window | March 16 - April 2, 2020
- Lottery Date | April 3, 2020
- Parent Notifications | April 6, 2020
- Enrollment & Registration | during Pre-K & Kindergarten Roundup on April 16, 2020