Pre-K in MISD
Starting with the 2022-23 school term, ALL pre-kindergarten in Mansfield ISD will be offered for the full day. View the list of Pre-K locations per school.
Pre-K Eligibility Criteria
Mansfield ISD provides free pre-kindergarten to students that meet at least one the following eligibility criteria as outlined by the Texas Education Agency AND offers tuition-based Pre-K for students that do not meet any of the eligibility criteria.
A child who is four (4) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year is eligible for a pre-kindergarten program if the child meets one of the qualifiers listed below:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Economically disadvantaged (qualifies for free or reduced lunches);
- Homeless (as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a);
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty (must be on active duty the first day of school);
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child is, or ever has been, in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing. This also includes children who have been adopted or returned to their parents; or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Documentation of eligibility is required upon enrollment. Review the list below for the approved documentation required for each noted eligibility.
|Eligibility Reason||Required Documentation|
|Unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language||Home Language Survey: Language Assessment|
|Economically disadvantaged||Paycheck stub;
TANF or SNAP Eligibility Number
|Homeless||Student Services approval|
|Foster Care||Letter from DFPS or CPS|
Statement of service;
Copy of death certificate;
Copy of Purple Heart orders;
Official letter from commander
|Star of Texas Award||Certificate of award|
MISD Tuition-Based Pre-K Program
The Pre-K tuition-based interest/waiting list is closed for the 2022-23 school term. Please contact Alycen Phan at AlycenPhan@misdmail.org if you have any questions.
Mansfield ISD offers tuition-based pre-kindergarten at every campus with a PK program.
There are limited seats for this program as openings are based on enrollment numbers at each campus. Interested parents are added to the waiting list and notified of opened seats the first week of August.
Full-day tuition is $700 per month and due the first day of every month during the regular school term.
For more information, please download our Tuition-Based Pre-K Program Frequently Asked Questions.