The mission of the Mansfield ISD Special Education Department is to provide and support customized educational opportunities for students, parents, and staff. The parent-school relationship is an essential key to the success of your child. The Special Education staff looks forward to working closely with you to help make our child’s school experience a positive one.
Which Students Are Served?
Eligible youngsters are those ages 3 through 21 (birth through 21 for students with visual or auditory impairments) who meet the legal requirements of one or more of the following disabilities as defined by the Texas Education Agency (TEA):
- Auditory Impairment
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Other Health Impairment
- Non-Categorical Early Childhood
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Emotional Disturbance
- Speech Impairment
- Learning Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Visual Impairment
Should you have any questions regarding your child and/or special education services, you may contact the diagnostician or team leader at your child’s campus. If you need further support, you can contact the District Campus Coordinator or the Executive Director.
- Elementary Coordinator: Kindra Franklin | Campus Assignments
- Elementary/Intermediate Coordinator: Kimberly Schwartz | Campus Assignments
- Intermediate/Middle School Coordinator: Gina Stevenson | Campus Assignments
- High School/Transition Program: Rebecca Brooks | Campus Assignments
- Executive Director: Dr. Michelle Edwards-Scott
Want to provide feedback on our current curriculum? Fill out the Curriculum Feedback Form.
Get In Touch
Dr. Michelle Edwards-Scott, Executive Director of Special Populations
Address | 1016 Magnolia Street, Mansfield, TX 76063
Phone | 817-299-4300
Fax | 817-548-2175