The KEEPS Program is a two-year program for first and second-year teachers new to MISD.
The goal of the KEEPS Program is to provide a network of professional resources for incoming teachers to access information and receive training and mentoring. This mentoring will be provided through ongoing knowledge-based encounters between the new teacher and mentor in helping to improve teacher performance.
Some of the benefits new teachers gain from the program are:
- Mentoring Support (1-on-1 Mentor-Mentee Relationships)
- District and Campus Orientations
- Professional Growth Resources
- Collaboration / Observation Time
- Campus-Level New Teacher Meetings
- District-Level Conferences
- Appreciation Event
- Year-End Recognition and Reflection
- Mutual Support
- Professional Growth