Communicable diseases are illnesses caused by viruses or bacteria that people spread to one another through contact with contaminated surfaces, bodily fluids, blood products, insect bites or through the air. A full list of conditions can be found here.
Because the safety and well-being of our students and staff members will always be Mansfield ISD’s top priority, the district will remain vigilant to help prevent and mitigate the spread of any communicable disease—including COVID-19.
The following ongoing protocols will be adhered to for the safety of students, staff members and families to prevent and mitigate the spread of communicable diseases:
Symptoms and Illness
Parents and staff will be required to report confirmed positive communicable disease cases, including COVID-19, to campus administration or their supervisor. Symptomatic individuals will not attend work/school while pending a COVID-19 test result.
Free COVID-19 drive-thru testing is being done at R.L. Anderson Stadium (1016 Magnolia St, Mansfield, TX 76063) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mondays ONLY. Testing sites are for patients experiencing symptoms or have had recent exposure to someone positive for COVID-19. Book your appointment here.
- For a COVID-19 positive case, the individual will:
- Isolate at home until:
- Five days have passed since symptoms began or since positive test results
- Fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Improvement in symptoms
- For a suspected COVID-19 case, the individual will be required to exclude themselves for the following symptoms using the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) COVID-19 clinical criteria:
- At least two of the following symptoms: fever (measured or subjective), chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose; OR
- At least one of the following symptoms; cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell AND
- No alternative diagnosis is more likely
- Individual would isolate at home 5 days OR
- May provide negative test results OR
- May submit a healthcare professional’s note clearing the individual to return before 5 days have passed.
- Mansfield ISD will follow the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) communicable disease chart for all communicable diseases.
- Symptomatic individuals must be excluded until at least 5 days have passed since the onset of symptom onset, and fever free (24 hours), and other symptoms have improved.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 but do not have symptoms must stay home until at least 5 days after the day they were tested.
- Mansfield ISD will follow the COVID Mitigation Tiered Systems Diagram with advisory levels in place if communicable disease percentages increase.