Congratulations 2020 Scholarship Recipients!
The 2020 MISD Multi-Scholarship winners were recently announced. View the winners and award presentations per school here.
The Mansfield Independent School District Multi-Scholarship Program was originated in 1979 by Trinity Forge, Inc. and Mansfield State Bank. With the assistance of the high school counseling staff at Mansfield High School, two graduating seniors were awarded funds to pursue a college education. The basis of the program has remained the same. The main objective has been to award as many scholarships as possible from the local community groups to qualifying graduating senior students.
The process includes all seniors and the counseling staffs at all of the MISD High Schools. It has expanded from two scholarships to over 117 scholarships awarded each year to graduating seniors within MISD. The original committee formulated only a few guidelines for the selection procedure, thus allowing the final selection and specific criteria of each donating member/group to remain a vital part of the overall award process.
Each applicant must be an MISD graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and must be registered for college within one year of graduation from high school. If not, funds will be returned to the donor after one year.
Each recipient must be registered as a full-time student and must provide the name of the college, university, community college or technical school in order to receive the scholarship proceeds from the awarding group. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student’s name during the summer. The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time nonrenewable scholarship.
Applicants may not be in receipt of any full ride scholarships (full tuition awards)
The application process begins in the fall of each school year and all parts of the application packet must be completed in full to qualify:
- 2019 Application Packet
- Student Resume or School, Community Activities & Honors Page
- Essay (guidelines in the application packet)
- Application Deadline: February 23, 2020
Note: Your high school transcript will be added to your application by the district's Guidance and Counseling Office.
The Mansfield Independent School District would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for awarding scholarships in 2019:
- Alice Ponder Elementary PTA
- Artist the Artist Memorial Scholarship
- Asa Low Intermediate PTA
- Brooks Wester Middle School PTA
- Charlotte Anderson Elementary PTA
- Chuck Roe Fine Arts Scholarship
- Cora Spencer Elementary PTA
- Della Icenhower Intermediate PTA
- Donna Shepard Intermediate PTA
- Edwin Lynn Bowman Scholarship
- Frost Bank
- J.L. Boren Elementary PTA
- John Williams Scholarship
- Joshua Thomas Carter Memorial
- Kiwanis Club
- Kiwanis Noon Club
- Lake Ridge High School PTSA
- Leadership Mansfield
- Legacy High School PTSA
- Linda Nix Memorial @ BBIA
- Mansfield Chamber of Commerce - Women's Division
- Mansfield Community Bank
- Mansfield Food Services
- Mansfield High School PTSA
- Mansfield Masonic Lodge
- Mansfield Rotary Club
- Mansfield Women’s Club
- Mansfield Retired School Employees
- Martha Reid Elementary PTA
- Mary Orr Intermediate PTA
- Meredith Hatch Memorial Scholarship
- Mouser Electronics Engineering Scholarship
- Rogene Worley Middle School PTA
- Shannon Mabe Memorial Scholarship
- Summit High School PTSA
- T.A. Howard Middle School PTA
- Tarver-Rendon Elementary PTA
- Texas State Optical
- Texas Trust Credit Union
- Timberview High School PTSA
- Virginia Malek - Willie Brown Elementary