Health Science Academy
(partnership with Tarrant County College Trinity River East Campus)
The Tarrant County College Trinity River East Campus (TCC TREC) Health Science Academy is exclusive to Frontier High School (FHS) students and is designed for students interested in the medical profession.
The program allows FHS students the opportunity to earn 54 college credit hours at TCC TREC and meet high school graduation requirements.
Students can also add Statics and College Algebra if their schedule allows to earn an additional six hours. These hours are optional.
The Health Science Academy is two-year commitment with MISD and TCC TREC. In order to participate in the Health Science Academy program, a student must recognize this commitment and meet the following criteria:
- Be a Frontier High School student
- Be a sophomore
- Have earned a minimum of 16 high school credits
- Have at 90% or higher GPA
- Have met TSI assessment requirements by the end of their sophomore year
- Have earned credit and received an 85 or above average in Algebra I
- Have earned credit and received an 85 or above in Geometry OR be currently enrolled in Geometry/Pre-AP Geometry and have an 85 or above average
Students spend the first two blocks of the day at Ben Barber Innovation Academy (BBIA) taking core and elective courses.
Junior Year Courses
- U.S. History I (HIST 1301) & U.S. History II (HIST 1302)
- English Composition I (ENGL 1301) & English Composition II (ENGL 1302)
- Essentials of Medical Terminology (HPRS 1206)
- Nutrition & Diet Therapy (HECO 1322)
- General Psychology (PSYC 2301)
- Basic Health (HPRS 1304)
Senior Year Courses
- Federal Government (GOVT 2305)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (ECON 2301)
- British Literature I (ENGL 2322) & British Literature II (ENGL 2323)
- Biology for Science Majors I (BIOL 1406) & Biology for Science Majors II (BIOL 1407)
- Central Sterile Processing (HPRS 1470, HPRS 1370, HPRS 1471)