Each school site has its own custodial staff. The number of custodial workers at each site is determined by a formula that takes into consideration the size of the building and cleaning density. The district maintains a staff of approximately 319 custodians in order to maintain the districts 6.3 million square feet of space. Night supervisors oversee evening custodial operations at all sites.
A typical cleaning schedule is as follows:
- Offices are cleaned daily
- Common areas and restrooms are cleaned and supplied daily
- Trash is emptied every day
- Corridors are buffed, stripped, and refinished as needed
- Floor finishing and carpet cleaning is done on an as needed basis
Additional custodial time for special events and weekend activities may be provided to sites upon request. Groups and organizations will be charged for after hours custodial support.
If sites have questions concerning custodial services, they should contact the Assistant Director of Custodial Operations at 817-299-4351.