The Records Management Guide is for all school district personnel who are involved in the process of retaining or accessing records on behalf of Mansfield ISD. The schedules contained within the records management guide are the mandatory minimum retention periods for records that are associated with public school districts as defined by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC).
- No local government office may dispose of a record listed in this schedule prior to the expiration of its retention period.
- A records control schedule of a local government may not set a retention period that is less than that established for the record in this schedule.
- Original paper records may be disposed of prior to the expiration of their minimum retention periods if they have been microfilmed or electronically stored pursuant to the provisions of the Local Government Code, Chapter 204 or Chapter 205, as applicable, and rules of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission adopted under those chapters.
- Actual disposal of such records by a local government is subject to the policies and procedures of its records management program.
- Destruction of local government records contrary to the provisions of the Local Government Records Act of 1989 and administrative rules adopted under it, including this schedule, is a Class A misdemeanor and, under certain circumstances, a third degree felony (Penal Code, Section 37.10).
- Anyone destroying local government records without legal authorization may also be subject to criminal penalties and fines under the Public Information Act (Government Code, Chapter 552).