Two-Way Dual Language
MISD’s two-way dual language (TWDL) program allows Spanish and English native speakers the opportunity to learn two languages through cooperative learning and collaboration.
Second language acquisition has been proven to increase cognitive abilities and improve thinking and verbal skills. The additional benefits students can gain are numerous allowing students to be even more college and career ready.
About the Program
TWDL is an enrichment program in which students learn to speak, read and write in Spanish and English. Both Spanish and English native speakers are welcome to register.
Interested parents must commit to keeping their child in the program throughout the student's elementary grades.
The program is currently offered at D.P. Morris Elementary School and Erma Nash Elementary School. Transportation for the program is provided and the school assignment is based upon the student's current attendance zone. See which school your child would be zoned to.
Parent Information Meetings
Attendance to a parent information meeting is mandatory for consideration into the program. Attendance, however, is not an indication that your child has been accepted into the program.
All parent meetings (virtual and in-person) will be held from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Dec. 9, 2021 (via Zoom | Meeting ID = 820 2429 1663; Passcode = 1V2ZCf)
- Dec. 16, 2021 (Erma Nash Elementary, 1050 Magnolia Street, Mansfield, TX)
- Jan. 6, 2022 (D.P. Morris Elementary, 7900 Tin Cup Drive, Arlington, TX)
- Jan. 13, 2022 // (via Zoom | Meeting ID = 820 2429 1663; Passcode = 1V2ZCf)
- NEW! Jan. 27, 2022 // (via Zoom | Meeting ID = 820 2429 1663; Passcode = 1V2ZCf)
Registering Your Child
The application window for the 2022-23 school term is Jan. 18, 2022 - Feb. 11, 2022. To participate in the program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be zoned to attend schools in Mansfield ISD;
- Parents must attend one informational session;
- Applications must be completed by the registration deadline
Eligible students will be accepted to the program based on space availability. In the event interest exceeds the number of spots available, students will be chosen for participation by lottery. Should a lottery process take place, results will be mailed March 11, 2022.
Acceptance letters will be sent by March 25, 2022.
Apply Here starting Jan. 18, 2022. (The application deadline is Feb. 11.)
For more information about the program, please contact: