Distance learning officially begins for all Mansfield ISD students on Monday, March 23, and MISD is excited to launch its new online learning resources hub.
MISD Student Learning Plans will serve as a comprehensive website for all students, families and staff members.
The provided content is aligned with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), which are the state standards for what students should know and be able to do. Lessons and resources are broken down by grade level and subject matter.
Free Internet and Phone Services
For those with no internet access, there are a number of internet and phone companies offering free services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown. View details below.
- AT&T - Open hotspots, unlimited data to existing companies and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Charter - Free internet for 60 days for new K-12 and college student households.
- Comcast - Free Wi-Fi for 60 days to low-income families, and all Xfinity hotspots are free to the public during this time.
- Spectrum - Free internet service for 60 days to new customers.
- Sprint - Unlimited data to existing customers, and all handsets can enable hotspots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile - Unlimited data to existing customers, and all handsets can enable hotspots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Verizon - No special offers, but the company is following Federal Communications Commission (FCC) agreements by waiving late fees and not disconnecting existing service.