Spring Classes @ TCC
Spring dual credit registration opens on Monday, Oct. 26 and ends on Friday, Nov. 6. Please review eligibility and process requirements below.
Before new students can register, the following steps must be completed. Current dual credit students (students already participating in classes) can skip the eligibility steps.
- Fill out application - Applications only need to be filled out once. Upon completion of your application, you will receive an e-mail from TCC with your ID#. This can take up to 10 days.
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) - Once the PAA is complete, you are ready to TSI test.
- Have required TSI scores - If you have not TSI tested, you will not be able to register until testing is complete. Testing is only available remotely at this time.
- NOTE: You can also check to see if you qualify for an SAT/ACT exemption. If you have qualifying scores, you will need to do the following:
Students must register for the TCC course listed in their Skyward schedule. Registration tickets will be sent on Oct. 26 with the information necessary to register for courses. The priority registration deadline is Friday, Nov. 6.
- Students will not be able to select different courses or choose their own professor.
- Certain class combinations cannot be made. If a student selects a TCC class during 2nd or 6th period, he/she cannot select a TCC class during 3rd or 7th period. For example, if you select a class during 2nd period, you will not be able to take a class during 3rd or 7th period.
Registering for Courses
Students will register through TCC Webadvisor. (Watch this video for registration help.) HOWEVER, before you can get started, you must have your TCC ID# found in your original email from TCC or your TSI score report.
New students must submit a student/parent agreement after they have successfully registered. (Current students do not need to resubmit this agreement.)
For registration assistance, students should email their counselor. Students can also email TCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Orientation for New Students
All NEW dual credit students are required to complete dual credit orientation. If you do not complete this orientation, you will be dropped from your courses.
Accessing and completing your online orientation:
Students should be able to access the online orientation within 2-3 business days from the date of registration.
- Login to myTCC(Blackboard) with your TCC Username and Password (created when initially activating your WebAdvisor account)
- Find the section “My Organizations,” and select the organization title “SE-DC: SE-Dual-Credit”
- Select “Dual Credit Orientation” in the left menu bar.
- Review all materials within the Dual Credit Orientation module:
- Dual Credit Orientation Presentation (five videos)
- SE Campus Resource Video
- Quick Start Guide
- TCC Advising Syllabus
- Campus Map
- Complete Dual Credit Orientation Quiz to receive credit for completion of orientation (must earn at least a 70%)
Paying for Courses
Payments for spring dual credit classes MUST be made to your high school bookkeeper. We will begin accepting payments on Dec. 1. Do not pay TCC for spring dual credit classes.
- Per Course Fee (free/reduced lunch students) - $25
- Per Course Fee (all other students) - $115
Students are allowed to take a maximum of three courses per semester.
Need Additional Help?
If you have registration issues, please feel free to contact Jennifer Castrillo at JenniferCastrillo@misdmail.org or 817-299-6376.