Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to view the 2019-20 QUEST Parent Handbook for further details about Mansfield ISD's after-school care program. Our frequently asked questions section below will help answer any additional questions you may have.
- What ages does QUEST serve?
- When does the program operate?
- Does my child have to attend five days a week?
- Are scheduled / unscheduled drop ins allowed?
- What happens if the district is closed or delayed due to inclement weather?
- How do I register my child?
- How soon can my child(ren) start attending?
- What is the instructor to student ratio?
- How do I pay?
- How do I make CHANGES to my student's account or enrollment status?
- What happens if I need to REMOVE my child(ren) from the program?
- Will my child receive a snack at QUEST?
- Can I send snacks with my child(ren)?
- Are personal belongings allowed?
- How do I add individuals to the list for pick up/release?
- Who do I notify if my child(ren) will be absent?
- Do I have to sign my child in and out?
- In what ways can parents be involved?
The QUEST program begins on the first day of school and operates on the same calendar as the district. The program does not operate on student holidays, staff development days, teacher workdays and holiday breaks.
Yes, each participant must be accompanied by an authorized adult during morning check in and after school pick up. Children are not allowed to sign themselves in/out.
Always bring a photo ID with you. Those picking up children should be prepared to show identification to the QUEST staff upon request.