Check out our FAQ of the most commonly asked questions about our mentoring program. Still can't find your answer, feel free to contact us at 817-299-6379.
- Do students choose to be in the mentor program?
- What happens if I miss a session or my schedule changes altogether?
- Can I meet or communicate with my student outside school or off school grounds?
- Will young people and their parents be leery of a stranger like me trying to be their friend?
- Young people's problems are so complex. What can I possibly do?
- I'm so different from young people these days. How can we be friends?
- I’m not exactly cool. What if my mentee doesn’t like me?
- What if my mentee won't talk to me?
- What if I say the wrong thing?
- What if my mentee tells me something I'm not sure how to handle (e.g., he is being abused)?
- Why might it take a while for my child to be matched with a mentor?
- Why doesn’t the mentor spend their time with my child working on academics?
- Why was my child recommended for this mentoring program?
- Am I allowed to communicate with my child’s mentor?
- Who are the mentors and how are they screened?
- Will my child be pulled out of class to meet with his/her mentor?
- How long will my child be with their mentor?