Mansfield ISD is receiving federal stimulus dollars to help offset unexpected costs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2020 and 2021, Congress passed three stimulus bills that provided nearly $190.5 billion to the Elementary and Secondary Emergency Education Relief (ESSER) Fund.
The American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER or ESSER III) Fund was passed in March 2021, under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 and is expected to provide approximately $11.177 billion to Texas school districts.
ESSER III focuses on school districts safely reopening and sustaining the safe operation of schools while also addressing the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students.
Mansfield ISD expects to receive a total of $29,520,324 in ESSER III funds. (Two-third allocation = $19,680,216; One-third allocation = $9,840,108)
To help determine how to use the ESSER III funds, MISD sought input from its stakeholders through a public survey and meeting. (The results of the survey and the public forum were conducted in a June 8 called board meeting.)
Based on this input, we are seeking to apply this one-time funding in the following areas:
- Technology equipment and resources to enhance online learning for all students
- Additional staff to assist with student learning
- Summer learning programs to address learning gaps for students
- Parent support for the mental health of students through programs and activities
- Training and professional development for staff
For complete details, download our Mansfield ISD ESSER III Funding Plan.
Public Notice for Applying for the ESSER III Federal Grant Funding - This notice appeared in the Commercial Recorder on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Public input was accepted using the Grant Funding Survey through June 3, 2021 as well as in person during the June 8 board meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of the ARP ESSER III funds?
- Who is eligible to apply for ARP ESSER III funding?
- How much funding is given to local education agencies (LEAs)?
- What requirements must districts follow? Are strings attached?
- What are the allowable uses for ESSER III funding?
- Is there an expiration date for using ESSER III funds?
- How will these funds be tracked?
More frequently asked questions can be found on The ESSER FAQ.
This page focuses on ESSER III funds; all allocations are subject to change.