Benefits Open Enrollment will be held July 15 - August 16, 2020. All employees are strongly encouraged to review and renew their benefits. Changes will NOT be allowed after the enrollment period ends on August 16, 2020.
What's New and What's Changed
TRS announced major changes to the TRS-Active Care health insurance plans that will result in premium reductions for individuals who carry their children or families.
Starting September 1, 2020, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) will serve as the medical plan administrator for TRS-ActiveCare. For more information regarding coverage and benefits and to access the Provider Finder search tool, visit the TRS-ActiveCare BCBSTX Member website.
- 2020-21 TRS-ActiveCare Plan Highlights & Rates
- What's New & What's Changed with the 2020-21 Plan
- NOTE: The rates indicated in the 2020-21 plan rates do not reflect the district’s contribution of $250.
- 2019-20 TRS-ActiveCare Plan Highlights & Rates
Get Enrolled / Renew Your Benefits
All changes are effective September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021. Employees are welcome to make their benefits elections in one of five ways:
- Online at the Benefits Portal
- One-on-one virtual appointments - In the wake of COVID-19, we are only able to offer virtual appointments. You can book a benefits Q&A session for 15 minutes or an enrollment walk-through assistance for 45 minutes. The dates for Mansfield ISD are July 16, July 21, July 31, Aug. 4 and Aug. 15. Book your appointment now.
- Enhanced Call Center - The FBS Call Center will be available Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. with enhanced agent support for both English and Spanish speakers. Please contact the call center at 866-914-5202.
- Download the app - Text "FBS MISD" to 313131
- Attend a live presentation - Live webinars will be conducted on July 27 (11:00 a.m. - noon) and August 7 (10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.). Get webinar links and additional instructions for the live broadcast here.
If you have any open enrollment questions, please contact the Benefits Office.
Mansfield ISD contributes $250 to each TRS-ActiveCare premium. Benefits Open Enrollment, traditionally held in July, can be done online or in person.
Split Premium Application - For married employees wishing to combine the cost of family coverage while being employed with districts/entities participating in TRS-ActiveCare, please contact the Benefits Office.
Qualifying Enrollment - No changes are allowed outside of the designated open enrollment period UNLESS you experience a Special Enrollment Event. Qualifying events include:
- Divorce (resulting in loss of coverage),
- Termination or change in employee or spouse’s employment (full-time to part-time or part-time to full-time status),
- Change in eligibility status of a dependent (attains max eligibility age/meets and/or ceases to meet full-time student status qualification),
- Loss or curtailment in health coverage of employee or spouse due to change in spouse’s employment and upon meeting a required eligibility period in spouse’s open enrollment.
TRS Enrollment/Drop Form (for Special Enrollment Event) - This form must be turned in within 31 days of a Qualifying Event with the proof of loss or new coverage showing effective date.
NOTE: By logging into the Employee Portal, you can update your contact information, view/change your beneficiaries and view your health & supplemental coverage plans.
Life Insurance & Additional Services
Basic Life Insurance - Basic life is insurance coverage provided to you by your employer. It provides a cash death benefit to your beneficiary upon your death to help meet a variety of financial needs.
- Available to ALL employees regardless of your insurance provider
- Absolutely FREE; No cost to you
- $10,000 Policy
- Includes AD&D
- Read more about group term life insurance
Voluntary Group Life Insurance - Voluntary Group Term Life is one of the most inexpensive ways to purchase life insurance. It’s offered through the convenience of payroll deduction. Coverage is typically available to you, your spouse and dependent children. You have the freedom to select an amount of life insurance coverage you need to help protect the well-being of your family. Read more about voluntary group life insurance
Individual Life - Permanent life is an individual life policy that provides a specified death benefit to your beneficiary at the time of death. The advantage of having a permanent life insurance plan as opposed to a group supplemental term life plan is that the permanent life insurance is guaranteed renewable, portable and typically premiums remain the same over the life of the policy.
- Voluntary additional coverage
- Can be purchased for you, your spouse and/or dependent children
- Premiums can be taken care of through payroll deduction
- Read more about individual life insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance - Accidental Death & Dismemberment is life insurance coverage that pays a death benefit to the beneficiary, should death occur due to a covered accident. Dismemberment benefits are paid to you, according to the benefit level you select, if accidentally dismembered.
- Voluntary additional coverage
- Coverage for spouse equals 50% and coverage for eligible children equals 10% of employee amount
- Read more about AD&D
Financial Planning - A 403(b) plan, also known as a tax-sheltered annuity, is a tax-advantaged retirement savings plan available for public education organizations. Contributions are made on a pre-tax basis and investment earnings grow tax deferred until retirement withdrawal. Read more about 403(b) plans
Health Savings Account - A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged medical savings account available to employees who are enrolled in a high-deductible health plan. The funds contributed to the account are not subject to federal income tax at the time of deposit. Unlike a flexible spending account (FSA), funds roll over and accumulate year to year if not spent. More about Health Savings Accounts