A district substitute is eligible to enroll in TRS-ActiveCare if the district reasonably expects the substitute to work at least 10 hours per week. Hours worked for other school districts are not considered in determining whether a substitute is eligible for benefits through Mansfield ISD.
Although the district reasonably expects substitutes to work at least 10 hours per week, the district does not guarantee that you will receive 10 hours every week. The district’s need for substitutes varies from week to week. In some weeks, you may not receive any assignments. Similarly, the district understands that some weeks you may not be able to accept assignments due to illness or other personal reasons.
If you elect to enroll, you will be responsible for the full premium and you must submit payment for one calendar month with your enrollment form. The premiums thereafter will be brought to the Payroll office by the 1st of the month (i.e. April premium due by April 1). If you fail to pay by the 10th, the district will proceed with the coverage cancellation process. Your coverage may also be cancelled if you lose eligibility for TRS-ActiveCare.
- View the 2020-21 Health Care Coverage Premiums
- To enroll, fill out the TRS Enrollment Form here.
- To complete the enrollment process, you need to visit the Benefits Office and provide payment at that time (check or money order). Please call 817-299-6356 for an appointment.
You may be removed from the district’s substitute roster if:
- you repeatedly turn down assignments, are repeatedly unavailable for calls, or frequently cancel assigned position
- you do not complete at least six (6) assignments within a four-month period
- you are determined to have had poor performance or misconduct
- you do not timely return a letter of reasonable assurance
A substitute who is enrolled in TRS-Active Care and who is then removed from the substitute roster becomes ineligible for health coverage and will be provided notice regarding continuation coverage under COBRA (if eligible). Cancellation due to non-payment is considered a voluntary drop; therefore, you would not be eligible for COBRA.