Employee Support Programs
Personal issues, planning for life events or simply managing daily life can affect your work, health and family.
In an effort to equip our employees with tools for crisis, mental health and counseling support, we offer an Employee Assistance Program and information about other free resources. Available resources offered through TRS ActiveCare have also been provided for employees using district health insurance.
Hotlines for Immediate Assistance
Crisis Text Line
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Rape Crisis and Victim Services
Employee Assistance Program
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a voluntary, work-based program that offers free and confidential assessments, short-term counseling, referrals, and follow-up services to employees who have personal and/or work-related problems.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues. The program is company-sponsored, confidential and provided at no charge to you and your dependents. For additional information, call 1-855-387-9727 or download the EAP Program flyer.
Health Insurance Programs
Mental health is health insurance. Employees, and their covered dependents, who have insurance through the district have additional access to assistance for their health and well being.
Every TRS-ActiveCare BlueCross BlueShield plan covers mental health. From in-person appointments to free online resources, self-care tips and health education podcasts, participants have the ability to obtain the resources they need. Visit the Mental Health page for complete details.
For other health and wellness benefits included in your health coverage that can help you get – and stay - healthier, take a look at the Health and Wellbeing page.
You can see copay information and other coverage details for your specific plan by visiting Coverages and Benefits.
Additional Resources and Avenues of Assistance
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mental Health Support Line - The support line offers trauma-informed support and psychological first aid to those experiencing stress and anxiety related to COVID-19. Call 833-986-1919 or visit theharriscenter.org/COVID-19-Support-Line-and-Resources
- Care Solace - If you or a family member are looking for help with mental health or substance use, Care Solace can help you quickly find treatment options matched to your needs regardless of the circumstance. For confidential service, visit www.caresolace.com/site/mansfield.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline - We can all help prevent suicide. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- Crisis Text Line - Through Crisis Text Line, individuals who need support from a trained crisis counselor can text 741741 to connect with a "real-life human being" that will help ease your anxieties.
- Tarrant Cares - Tarrant Cares is an online information service for individuals, families, caregivers and agencies. This resource hub will provide you with countless solutions for issues you and your family may be facing.
- Mission Market Pantry - The Mission Market offered by Mansfield Mission Center provides a food pantry including meat, dairy and fresh produce along with toiletry items and pet food.
For questions regarding employee support programs, feel free to reach out to one of our district contacts: