Stadium Rules & Regulations
Vernon Newsom Stadium & R.L. Anderson Stadium
- All fans will be subject to the stadium's clear bag policy.
- The district will enforce a "no re-entry" policy during games.
- No firearms allowed.
- State law and school district policies will be in effect concerning alcoholic beverages and controlled substances.
- The use of tobacco products in any form is prohibited on all school district property. (State Law)
- Confetti, balloons, or similar items requiring detailed clean-up are not permitted in the stadium.
- No sound systems will be allowed into the stadium.
- Items such as Frisbees, balls, whistles, etc. are not allowed.
- Glass bottles and/or containers are prohibited in the parking lot.
- No pyrotechnics can be used in the facility.
- Representatives from Mansfield ISD Booster clubs from each school may sell school specific spirit item by their own grandstand; however, you must have a permit from Mansfield I. S. D.
- Tailgate parties must be approved by MISD Athletics and the campus principal and be inline with MISD tailgating regulations.
- Guidelines for Students at Athletic Events
Ticket Booths & Gates:
- All Mansfield ISD athletic event tickets are sold online at www.ticketspicket.com. For instructions on how to setup digital tickets on your mobile device, please download the Ticket Spicket reference guide.
- Gates will open 1 hour prior to the game time for spectators. Home gates are located on the west side of the stadium. Visitor gates are located on the east side of the stadium.
- All high school students must have a school ID to enter the game. All home students with an ID will enter the stadium though the student gate (home - gate 1 / visitor - gate 4).
- All elementary, intermediate and middle school students must be accompanied by an adult to enter the game. (Middle school students must also have their student ID.)
- Band members, drill team, cheerleaders, and pep squads must enter through the assigned gate (MISD home – south iron gate / visitor – north iron gate). They must be accompanied by a sponsor.
- Spectators will not be allowed to leave the stadium and return without purchasing another ticket.
- No outside food or drink may be brought into the stadium; this does not apply to band, drill team or cheerleaders.
- Coolers are not allowed
- No pets allowed except for service animals.
- No backpacks are allowed in the stadium. All bags are subject to search.
- Spectators are not allowed on the field or court of play before or after the game.
- Only emergency vehicles may be parked inside the stadium. No vehicles of any kind are allowed to drive on the field surface; including trailers and golf carts.
- All equipment on wheels must not be moved across the field. Please move such equipment around the outside boundaries of the field.
- Sideline access is restricted to team personnel and other approved, credentialed individuals.
- Food, gum, sunflower seeds and tobacco are prohibited at all times around or on the field area.
- Victory lines should be limited to drill team and cheerleaders only.
- Decoration of the locker rooms is not allowed.
- Only authorized personnel in the field house area before the game, at halftime or after the game.
- MISD is not responsible for any articles left in the dressing rooms before, after, or during games.
- No artificial noise makers will be permitted in the stadium. Only man-made noise makers are allowed. Examples include small shakers, inflatable boom sticks, clacker and cowbells.
- No face paint or sign paint allowed in the stadium.
- No loitering will be permitted. Spectators must sit in the stands and keep off the rails. Aisles should be kept clear at all times. Students may not cross to the other side of the stadium.
- All signs and banners must be to promote the school team and program. No negative signs toward opponent. No signs or hung from the top rail fence. At the closure of event, designated personnel from each school will remove all signage and straps.
Gameday Traffic - Alternate directions to the MISD Stadium:
- From eastbound Broad Street...
- Turn south on Matlock Road, next to the Mansfield Methodist Hospital.
- Turn left on Heritage Parkway heading east.
- Turn left into northbound State Hwy 360.
- MISD Stadium entrance will be on your right.
Map to the Athletics Complex for the MISD Stadium & Natatorium