2018-2019 Student Dress and Grooming (All Grade Levels)
Revised May 2018
Shirts & Tops
- Halter, tube, and tank tops, as well as tops with large armholes and muscle shirts are not allowed. Additionally, all shirts/blouses/tops must cover cleavage, the entire back, and midriff. The middle section (midriff) of the body must be covered at all times including during reasonable movement. Tops that are sleeveless must measure 2 inches or more across the shoulders. Transparent and/or see-through material is considered unacceptable unless worn over another article of clothing that meets dress code.
- Layering of shirts or tops is acceptable provided the combination of clothing meets the above standards throughout the school day.
- Students will not wear clothing with pictures, emblems, or writing that is lewd, offensive, suggestive, vulgar, obscene, or that advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, pornography, or any other prohibited items.
- Any clothing, accessories, symbols, jewelry, or paraphernalia that depicts or suggests association with a gang, criminal organization, or secret society shall not be worn or brought to school or in any way be present at any school-sponsored event.
- Appropriately sized coats and jackets may be worn to school, but campus administration may require the item to be stored in the student’s lockers.
Pants, Dresses, Skirts, Skorts, & Shorts
Jeans and pants with holes or frayed material, which reveals any area of skin or undergarments above fingertip length, are considered inappropriate.
- Pants, shorts, skorts, and skirts that do not fit at the waistline are inappropriate. No sagging is allowed.
- Spandex, tights, leggings / jeggings, and yoga style clothing will be allowed only if they are worn under pants, shorts, skorts, dresses, and skirts that are fingertip length front and back all the way around.
- Dresses, skirts, skorts, and shorts length must be measure fingertip length front to back all the way around while sitting and standing.
- Dresses, skirts, skorts, and shorts length must be measured from the top of the slit.
- Pajamas, bathrobes, and or sleepwear are not allowed. Underwear, muscle shirts, half shirts, or any other clothing similar to undergarments may not be visible.
- Sliding/Biking/Compression shorts may not be worn unless covered by dress code approved shorts.
The following may not be worn during the school day:
- Any type of head covering to include: caps, hats, berets, head scarfs (unless for medical or religious reasons), hoods (hoodie), Du rags, kerchiefs, or visors.
- Sunglasses (unless medical documentation or administrator approval is provided).
- Blankets or throws.
- Bandanas (as a head covering or headband).
- Ear muffs.
- Visible piercings with the exception of the ears and one single piercing on the face.
- Any accessories, symbols, jewelry, tattoos, or paraphernalia, which depicts or suggests association with a gang, secret society/fraternity, inappropriate or derogatory language, racism, or sexual connotations and or deemed distracting.
- Chains or wallets with chains.
- Spiked jewelry.
- Any shoes that aren’t considered safe (cleats, shoes with wheels, house or slippers/shoes).
- Mouth accessories to include: “grillzs” or Dracula teeth.
- Eye contacts that are cat eyes or Halloween/costume style contacts.
- Costumes (unless approved by a school organized activity).
- Hair that causes a health or safety hazard and or a disruption of the school environment.
Campus Administration has final judgment on whether or not a student is in compliance with the dress code.
This year we are promoting college readiness having your child wear a t-shirt from their favorite college on Mondays. Please join our staff by wearing your college gear!
T-shirts with all of the college names on our campus are available for purchase.