Individuals who wish to participate in public comments during a scheduled board meeting must register to speak using an online form AND all submissions must be tied to a specific agenda item and topic for that meeting in order to speak.
Registering to Speak at a Board Meeting
The online registration process for addressing the MISD school board is in effect for all board meetings. Onsite registration is no longer available as of June 2023. Those who wish to participate in public comments must fill out the online registration form below.
Online submissions are accepted through 1 p.m. on the day of regular board meetings. Registration begins when the agenda is posted on the district website, which occurs no later than 72 hours before a scheduled board meeting.
All public comment submissions must be tied to a specific agenda item and topic as indicated in the board agenda for that meeting in order to speak. (If your comment is not tied to an agenda item and you still want it addressed, please consider attending a community conversation meeting or contacting the board directly here.)
Addressing the Board During the Meeting
The following procedures should be used when addressing the board:
- All public comment submissions must be tied to a specific agenda item and topic as indicated in the board agenda for that meeting.
- Each speaker should address the board from the podium microphone and state name before speaking.
- All speakers will be limited to three minutes to make comments, unless modified based on MISD Board Policy BED (Local).
- Copies of presentation should be made available to all trustees and the superintendent.
- Board policy prohibits the discussion of complaints against district employees during an open forum.
NOTE: The registration form is available no later than 72 hours before a scheduled board meeting. A confirmation email is sent to each registrant upon completion of the form.