Board Meetings & Agendas
Mansfield ISD school board meetings usually begin with a closed session starting at 6:00 p.m. followed by regular business (open to the public) at 7:00 p.m.
Effective Aug. 25, 2020 | School board meetings, beginning with the regular school board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020, will adhere to certain safety guidelines for the well-being of the community. Download the Board Meeting Protocols During COVID-19.
In general, regular school board meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month at the MISD Center for the Performing Arts. Some meetings are re-scheduled due to holidays. The Board also periodically schedules special called meetings and work sessions.
- Regular Board Meeting: A regular meeting is a business meeting held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Action may be taken. November and December are usually scheduling exceptions because of holidays.
- Called Meeting: A called meeting is held on a date other than the regularly scheduled meeting date. Action may be taken.
- Closed Meeting: A closed meeting is not open to the public. Only certain topics may be discussed such as property and personnel matters. No action may be taken.
- Work Session: A work session is a meeting between board members and staff to receive information. No public input is allowed, and no action may be taken.
- Public Forum: A public forum is a meeting for listening to public input on a specific topic or general information. This meeting may be held at individual schools or in the community. No action may be taken.
Addressing the Board
To address the board during a regular board meeting, speakers must complete a registration form and return it to an MISD staff member or to the board president. During the public comments portion of the agenda, the registered speaker will be allowed to address the board.
To address the board, each speaker should follow these guidelines:
- Speakers should first state their name and address upon addressing the board.
- Speakers are limited to five minutes to make comments.
- When five or more persons represent a group, one person should be appointed to present.
- Copies of presentations should be made available to all trustees and the superintendent.
- Board policy prohibits the discussion of complaints against District employees during an open forum.
Board meetings agendas are published 72 hours in advance. To view the latest agendas and any supporting documents, please visit the Mansfield ISD BoardBook website.
Watch Board Meetings Live
Mansfield ISD School Board Meetings are broadcast live monthly online at MISD TV Productions. For a list of upcoming meetings, download the Board Meeting Schedule.
NOTE: You can also access and watch past board meetings.