Communicating with the Board of Trustees
Appropriate Channels of Communication
If you have information you would like to share with the Board, there are several ways to communicate with the Board of Trustees.
- Community Meetings – Community and town hall meetings are ways the MISD School Board is working to promote more two-way conversation between the Board and the community. View a list of community meetings here.
Because of this new method of communication, board policy BED (Local), which dealing with public comments at board meetings, has been updated. All public comments must pertain to an item that is on the meeting’s agenda. If an individual wishes to speak about something that is on the board meeting’s agenda, he or she will have the allotted time to do so.
- By Letter – A citizen can send a letter to the MISD Board of Trustees, 605 East Broad Street, Mansfield, Texas 76063.
- By Fax – A citizen can fax the Board members at 817-473-5465.
- Formal Complaints/Grievances - The Board encourages students and parents to discuss their concerns with the appropriate teacher, principal or other campus administrator who has the authority to address the concerns. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level. An individual may initiate the formal process by timely filing a written complaint form.
The formal complaint process is detailed in the following MISD Board Policies:
- Students/Parents Complaints/Grievances – FNG(LOCAL)
- Employee Complaints/Grievances – DGBA(LOCAL)
- Public Complaints – GF(LOCAL)
Each complaint/grievance policy allows for a hearing with the Board at Level 3.
Note: To have something on the agenda for the Board to deliberate and take action on, a Board member or the Superintendent must place it on the agenda.
- By Email – If you would like to email the board and/or the superintendent directly, please use the information listed below.
Board of Trustee Email Addresses
Place 1 - Michelle Newsom - MichelleNewsom@misdmail.org
Place 2 - Desiree Thomas - DesireeThomas@misdmail.org
Place 3 - Randall Canedy - RandallCanedy@misdmail.org
Place 4 - Raul Gonzalez - RaulGonzalez@misdmail.org
Place 5 - Karen Marcucci - KarenMarcucci@misdmail.org
Place 6 - Darrell Sneed - DarrellSneed@misdmail.org
Place 7 - Courtney Lackey Wilson - CourtneyWilson@misdmail.org
Superintendent - Dr. Jim Vaszauskas - JimVaszauskas@misdmail.org