Communicating with the Board of Trustees
Appropriate Channels of Communication
If you have information you would like to share with the Board, there are several ways to communicate with the Board of Trustees.
- By Letter – A citizen can send a letter to the MISD Board of Trustees, 605 East Broad Street, Mansfield, Texas 76063.
- By Fax – A citizen can fax the Board members at 817-473-5465.
- Formal Complaints/Grievances - The Board encourages students and parents to discuss their concerns with the appropriate teacher, principal or other campus administrator who has the authority to address the concerns. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level. An individual may initiate the formal process by timely filing a written complaint form.
The formal complaint process is detailed in the following MISD Board Policies:
- Students/Parents Complaints/Grievances – FNG(LOCAL)
- Employee Complaints/Grievances – DGBA(LOCAL)
- Public Complaints – GF(LOCAL)
Each complaint/grievance policy allows for a hearing with the Board at Level 3.
Note: To have something on the agenda for the Board to deliberate and take action on, a Board member or the Superintendent must place it on the agenda.
- By Email – If you would like to email the board and/or the superintendent directly, please use the information listed below.
Board of Trustee Email Addresses
Place 1 - Michelle Newsom - MichelleNewsom@misdmail.org
Place 2 - Desiree Thomas - DesireeThomas@misdmail.org
Place 3 - Craig Tipping - CraigTipping@misdmail.org
Place 4 - Keziah Valdes Farrar - KeziahFarrar@misdmail.org
Place 5 - Bianca Benavides Anderson - BBenavidesAnderson@misdmail.org
Place 6 - Warren Davis - WarrenDavis@misdmail.org
Place 7 - Courtney Lackey Wilson - CourtneyWilson@misdmail.org
Superintendent - Dr. Kimberley Cantu - KimberleyCantu@misdmail.org
The purpose of the community conversation is to provide a venue for school board members and the superintendent to engage with the MISD community in an informal setting, participate in transparent and open dialogue, share district successes and gain stakeholder input to inform policy and practice with the goal of keeping MISD at the forefront of educational excellence.
The board and superintendent will begin each meeting by sharing good news reports and focusing on frequently addressed topics. Meetings will be facilitated in partnership with the Communications Department. Meeting norms will be outlined at the start of each meeting to help ensure an efficient and effective meeting.
Speaker cards will be used to help capture accurate questions and provide an opportunity for district staff to follow up on any issues raised at the meetings. MISD staff will also record notes during the meeting to increase transparency and provide an opportunity to publicly post the topics, questions and answers that are raised in each meeting. Answers to questions posed at the meeting will be posted within 48-72 hours of the meeting.