District Special Events & Awards
The Communications & Marketing Department organizes and coordinates several events and awards each year that recognize and celebrate the contributions of employees, students and volunteers.
- Back-to-School Bash - The event is meant to bring the community together for a day of family fun, while providing various free resources to MISD students.
- MISD Convocation – Convocation is a pep rally for all MISD staff before the start of the school year to energetically welcome everyone back from the summer and refocus on the upcoming school year.
- School and Facility Dedications – When new campuses or facilities are dedicated, the Communications & Marketing Department facilities the dedication or re-dedication ceremony.
- Employee Recognition Banquet – The end-of-the-year employee banquet honors employees with 20, 25 and 30 years of service, retirees, Teachers of the Year, Ambassador of Education, and Shining Stars (non-teaching staff). View the nomination form for the Shining Star Award here.
- Heartbeat Award - The award was established in January 2003 to recognize employees who display heart in their lives and inspire other district employees through their actions. View the nomination form.