The Maverick Program
Accelerated Bachelors Degree Program
The Maverick Accelerated Bachelors Degree Program is designed to keep tuition and fees associated with earning a bachelor's degree under $10,000 if a student follows and completes the Maverick Program plan.
Interested students MUST:
- Complete 24 credit hours of dual credit with Tarrant County College while in high school.
- a high school GPA of 3.0 or better has to be attained to qualify for the dual credit
- Transfer to Tarrant County College and complete the remaining 40 credit hours required to earn an Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree.
- tuition and costs associated with textbook and supplies are the financial responsibility of the student.
- Submit the FASFA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 1 of their senior year in high school.
- the student must transfer from Tarrant County College to the University of Texas at Arlington and complete the bachelors degree within four (4) semesters of transferring to UTA. The tuiton and fees will be calculated at the time of admission, taking into consideration any scholarship or financial aid awards.
- Students who complete an Associate degree with a 3.25 GPA are guaranteed admission to UTA and are eligible for scholarship awards designed for The Maverick Program.
- Costs associated with textbook and supplies are the financial responsibility of the student.
- Maintain an accumulative 3.0 GPA in all collegiate course work to remain eligible for The Maverick Program while at the University of Arlington.
For more information, please view the presentation and/or contact your school counselor.