Campus Crime Stoppers: 817-469-TIPS (8477)
[Theft: Safety Tips for Students & Staff]
The Mansfield ISD Police Department is requesting your help in solving our Crime of the Week. All information through the Campus Crime Stoppers program will be through anonymous tips via telephone or website.
Crime Stoppers Hotline
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (817) 469-TIPS or to submit a tip online at www.469tips.com. Tipsters may remain anonymous and are eligible for a reward up to $1,000.
Friends for Life Hotline
Have a friend in need? Make an anonymous call and get them help.
Call: (817) 469-TIPS (8477)
Text: "TIP117 Plus Your Message" to 274637
Web or Live Chat: www.469tips.com
This program works in conjunction with Crime Stoppers allowing students to make anonymous calls regarding problems that their friends are having that could be harmful to their health and safety. When a student makes a report, it is sent to the Police and the Counseling department within the District for follow-up.
Anyone having information regarding a crime can contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 817 469-TIPS (8477) or www.469tips.com.
Student’s Tips Offering Protection, Prosecution, and Evidence to Reassure Safety
Because crime can leave a profound mark on our youth, school safety has become an emotional issue that has moved to the forefront of national and local sentiment. The Campus Crime Stoppers Program shows students how they are capable of changing their institutions into safer, more enjoyable places to live and learn. The Mansfield ISD Campus Crime Stoppers Program relies on cooperation among students, staff, faculty, MISD Police Department, parents, and the surrounding community to provide an exchange of information concerning crimes being committed throughout the school district.
This internationally recognized program allows students to provide anonymous tips to the administration and local law enforcement about crimes. The program is operated in partnership with the Safe City Commission and the student boards on each campus.
How does Campus Crime Stoppers work in the Mansfield ISD schools?
There are two primary methods for a student to report information about a particular crime and remain completely anonymous and confidential.
1. The student may call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 817-469-TIPS (8477). Calls are answered by a live call-taker from 8:00am – midnight. There is no caller ID and calls are not recorded. Student tipsters will be issued a tip number, which will be used in all future correspondence. This number insures anonymity, helps track information, and is used in collecting rewards.
2. The student may submit a tip online through the Safe City Commission Crime Stoppers web site at www.469tips.com. The student may click on “Submit a Campus Tip”, which will open to a form on a new screen. The student will fill out a form giving various details regarding the crime that occurred and the suspect information. When the form is complete, the student clicks on “Submit” and they will be given a confirmation number, which will be used in all future correspondence, and the phone number to call and check the status of the tip and/or collect a reward. The tip is sent to the Safe City Commission Crime Stoppers Call Center for further action.
The tip information gathered by the Safe City Commission Crime Stoppers Call Center will be forwarded to the assigned Crime Stoppers campus administrator and the Police Officer assigned to the campus for investigation. Tips are eligible for rewards after the tip has been “cleared by an arrest”. Rewards are assigned to the tips after being voted on by the Safe City Crime Stoppers Standing Committee, which meets on the third Thursday of every month. Rewards will be available on the Monday following the Safe City Crime Stoppers Standing Committee meeting. Student tipsters will be instructed on which bank to pick up their reward money. Students will not have to provide the bank with identification; they will only need to provide them with the tip number and random code word assigned by the call center.
Theft: Safety Tips
For Staff & Students
- Keep all unnecessary valuable items (iPods, MP3 Players, DVD Players, etc.) at home.
- If valuables are brought to school, make sure that the items stay in your possession at all times.
- Students: Lock your valuables securely in a locked locker. Staff: When leaving your classroom, make sure your door is locked and closed properly.
- If you keep these items in your vehicle, place the items out of view (in a glove compartment or trunk of the vehicle).
- If you observe any suspicious activity or person, please call 817-299-6000 immediately.