Autism Training & Resources
General Information about Autism
- Autism Fact Sheet from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke - This is a web document containing questions and answers about autism.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (Pervasive Developmental Disorders) - A free detailed booklet, titled Autism Overview: What We Know, that describes Autism symptoms, causes, and treatments.
- Indiana Center for Autism (IRCA) Articles - These articles provide thoughtful discussions and practical recommendations on a wide range of topics, including behavior, sensory programming, education, communication, and other issues.
- Texas Autism Research and Resource Center (TARRC) - The Texas Autism Research & Resource Center (TARRC) was created by House Bill (HB) 1574 (81st Texas Legislature, Regular Session, 2009). The Center's primary purpose is to coordinate resources for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families.
Resources about Interventions
- TARGET: Texas Autism Resource Guide for Effective Teaching - This web site provides educators with information on common terms, evaluation information and articles on interventions.
- Evidence-Based Practices Briefs - The National Professional Development Center (NPDC) on ASD has developed Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Briefs for 24 identified evidence based practices. Each brief contains: an overview, which gives a general description of the practice and how it can be used with learners with ASD.
Online Training for Teachers
- Autism Internet Modules (AIM) - The Autism Internet Modules provide accessible modality for educators and parents to gain usable information about autism and interventions. All online modules are free.
- Basic Level Autism Team Training: Non-Credit Online Course - Free online course from Illinois State University. You must register for the course to access the content. Follow the registration directions given on this site.
- Project IDEAL Online - These were developed to better prepare teachers to work with students with disabilities. Project IDEAL (Informing and Designing Education For All Learners) was made possible by the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD). It consists of a series of modules. They are free of charge.
- Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Online Training Course - (account setup and course registration) This Autism Training Series is hosted by ESC Region XIII's E-Campus system. There is no fee to take these online courses, but you must register. View catalog for course listings and registration information.